Beef stroganoff is about to become your favorite keto low carb dish. It’s creamy, delicious, and satisfying! This keto beef stroganoff is really a comfort food favorite!
- ¼ cup (56g) avocado oil
- 50g white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10g) minced garlic
- 3 lbs fat-trimmed beef brisket
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups (367g) beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
- ¼ cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
- Cutting against the grain, chop beef into ½” pieces.
- To a large saucepan over medium heat, add avocado oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Saute until onion and garlic are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add chopped beef, thyme, salt, and pepper and saute until beef is cooked throughout, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently to brown each side of beef.
- Decrease stovetop heat to medium-low and pour in beef broth and vinegar into saucepan. Simmer mixture uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, cover pan with lid, and simmer for additional 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream and mayonnaise until thoroughly incorporated. In ¼ tsp increments, stir in xanthan gum until liquid thickens. Return lid to pan and allow pan to sit covered for 10 minutes before serving in bowls.
Keywords: beef stroganoff, easy beef stroganoff, homemade beef stroganoff, keto beef stroganoff, low carb beef stroganoff, paleo beef stroganoff