I am sharing this post in partnership with StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. As always, all opinions are my own. I appreciate you supporting both me and the brands that allow me to create quality content for you!
Looking for the perfect keto-friendly, on-the-go meal option? Look no further than this Avocado Tuna Salad featuring StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna!
This Avocado Tuna Salad recipe has quickly been made on repeat in our household. Not only does it taste AMAZING, it couldn’t be easier to prepare! Win/win, right?!
On weeknights, I will take all of the ingredients, quick mix them up in a bowl, leave it to refrigerate for a few hours, and then Ryan and I have a delicious, protein- and nutrient-packed post-workout meal ready to go!
A Nutrient-Dense, Simple To Prepare Avocado Tuna Salad
It can be tough to have shelf-stable, healthy meal options at the ready. If you are like me, you know that it can be hard to find time to meal prep nutrient-dense, keto-friendly meals in advance for busy workdays. Sometimes it feels almost impossible to prep even just a day’s worth of meals the night before!
That’s where StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. comes in to save the day! These little nutrition-powerhouse pouches have been GAME-CHANGING for me. Aside from the fact that this particular recipe takes all of 5 minutes to prepare, on days that I know I won’t have healthy, low-carb food options readily available, I always carry a pouch or two of StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. in my bag. They are full of flavor and only incorporate real food ingredients!
Avocado Tuna Salad With Only Real Food Ingredients
This recipe is a personal favorite of mine as it incorporates nutrient-dense and healthy fats from the tuna, olive oil, and avocado. StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. products (in addition to Yellowfin Tuna, there’s also Yellowfin Tuna with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pink Salmon options) are packed in cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil resulting in a flavorful, rich taste with only simple, quality ingredients. As important as flavor, StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Yellowfin Tuna are wild-caught to ensure the most wholesome product possible.
- Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The production of extra virgin olive oil is SO IMPORTANT. The quality of an oil quickly decreases due to contact with high temperatures and harsh chemicals, thereby maintaining antioxidant and polyphenol levels.
- Wild-Caught Tuna: Tuna is a nutrient-dense, protein powerhouse! Wild-caught tuna contains high amounts of vital vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, such as selenium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. This alone makes it a great addition to a ketogenic diet, as magnesium and potassium levels may be depleted on a very low-carb diet (electrolyte supplementation can be very beneficial!).
- Avocado: Yet another amazing addition to a keto diet: avocado! Full of healthy fats, fiber, and potassium (more than a banana!), the avocado is a quick, easy, and tasty way to incorporate a lot of nutrients into your meals!
Net Carbs In Avocado Tuna Salad
One serving of this Avocado Tuna Salad is only 4.2g net carbs! It is a perfect paleo- and keto-friendly option for busy workday lunches, weeknight dinners, or post-workout meals!
Diets This Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is low-carb, keto, paleo, AIP-compliant, Whole30-compliant, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, & refined-sugar-free.
Looking for more free recipes?
This Avocado Tuna Salad is a delicious, protein-packed, keto-friendly meal option featuring StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna! This recipe is low-carb, keto, paleo, AIP-compliant, Whole30-compliant, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, & refined-sugar-free, and only 4.2g net carbs per serving!
- 2 pouches StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. If necessary, use the back of a fork to mash avocado.
- Cover bowl with foil and transfer to refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.