Welcome to Real Balanced! My name is Sara Nelson and I am a full-time keto recipe food blogger and blogging coach living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
On my site, I share tried-and-true keto-friendly and nut-free recipes that are low in carbs, simple to prepare, and extra flavorful!
I also love to talk about the business of blogging, and often share my tips and tricks for running a profitable food blog!
Brief Facts about Sara Nelson
- I am a 28-year-old lifelong Wisconsinite and very proud to be a Milwaukee blogger. (If you’re planning a visit, find my recommendations for my favorite Milwaukee restaurants, gyms, and more!)
- I am a full-time food blogger and LOVE everything related to running an online business (and could talk about it for hours on end!). If you’re interested in starting a food blog, be sure to read all of my business-related posts.
- My husband, Ryan, and I have been married since December 2017. We had been planning a big wedding for September 2018, but decided to elope at the Milwaukee County Courthouse instead.
- We are currently pregnant with our first! Baby Nelson is due January 2020! You can read more about my pregnancy here.
- We have a Boston terrier, Rowsdower, who we LOVE SO MUCH.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish and a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice. When I began food blogging, I was finishing my Master’s degree while interning for the Mayor of Milwaukee.
- I am mildly addicted to podcasts. I listen to several hours of episodes every single day! I love topics related to true crime, current events, business, and health.
At this point in my life, I follow a strict ketogenic diet that is entirely nut-free. Why do I do this? Because it makes me feel like a human again, FINALLY! After years of medical problems and thousands of dollars spent trying to get to the bottom of some serious sleep and GI problems, I opted to try a keto diet and my life improved so drastically, so quickly that I’ve never looked back!
Since I began Real Balanced, my work has been featured in major online publications, like Delish, Shape, MyFitness Pal, and The Kitchn.
I have been featured on podcasts to discuss my background, diet, and business. You can listen to all of these podcasts here:
- Eat Blog Talk: Episode 023
- Fat For Weight Loss: Episode 33
- The Chopped Podcast: #176
- The True North Collective: Season 1, Episode 2
My Favorite Recipes
I am a lover of desserts, which you will likely instantly notice on my site. I enjoy making (and eating!!!) fat bombs every single day.
My favorite savory dish is 110% my Keto Zuppa Toscana. It’s THE BEST. (Yes, I’m biased, but trust me that you’d LOVE it!)
My Digital Cookbooks
I am the author of 6 digital cookbooks:
- “Fat Bomb Favorites”
- “Keto Dessert Favorites”
- “MINI Fat Bomb Favorites”
- “MINI Keto Dessert Favorites”
- “Keto Dinner Favorites”
- “Keto Breakfast Favorites”
Which all contain delicious, keto-friendly recipes that are simple to make and will satisfy your cravings!
I am a blogging coach who works with bloggers to improve their site, understand the technical facets of blogging, grow their email lists, and learn how to scale a profitable business.
Interested in working with me? Schedule a free 30-minute discovery call to discuss your individual site, your goals, and your challenges with me.
Get In Touch
Have a question? Just wanna say hi? I love to hear from you! Reach out to me on social media, send me a message, or send an email to sara[at]realbalanced[dot]com.
Work With Me
I love collaborating with brands that share the same values as me! If you are interested in a partnership, please navigate to my Work With Me page for further information or send an email to sara[at]realbalanced[dot]com to discuss.