Welcome to the corner of the Internet where I babble on about whole/real/delicious food!
My name is Sara Nelson and I am the face behind Real Balanced. I love everything about food, nutrition, eating, cooking, etc., and enjoy spending a majority of my time doing something related to food. I hope my blog can serve as a tool on your journey to optimal health by providing you with some recipes to add to your repertoire and maybe even causing a laugh or two!
Some Brief Facts About Me
- I am a 26-year-old lifelong Wisconsinite and a very proud resident of Milwaukee. (Planning a visit to MKE? Find my recommendations for favorite restaurants, gyms, etc. here!).
- My husband, Ryan, and I have been married since December 2017. We had been planning a big wedding for September 2018, but decided to elope at the Milwaukee County Courthouse instead.
- I have an intense obsession with my Boston terrier, Rowsdower.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish and a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice.
- I am mildly addicted to podcasts. I listen to several hours of episodes a day.
- I like to try my hand at fitness things. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time circuit training and attending spin classes.
At this point in my life, I follow a ketogenic diet that is relatively paleo/primal-compliant. Why do I do this? Because it makes me feel like a human again, FINALLY! After a year of medical problems and thousands of dollars spent trying to get to the bottom of some sleep and GI problems, I opted to try a keto diet and my life improved so drastically, so quickly that I’ve never looked back! I have no idea how long I’ll maintain a ketogenic diet lifestyle, but, for right now, this is the best thing for my body.
If you’d like to learn more about my journey to keto, you can read this post here.
Get In Touch
Have a question? Just wanna say hey? I love to hear from you! Reach out to me on social media or send me a note at sara[at]realbalanced[dot]com.