This delish instant pot beef and broccoli recipe is keto-compliant and nut-free. An easy-to-prepare dish with a total prep and cook time of only 35 minutes!
Craving something hearty and healthy for dinner, but don’t have an endless supply of time to spend preparing it? If so, this is the perfect dish for you! Loaded with veggies and protein, this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is the PERFECT dish for a nutrient-packed, easy-to-prepare dinner!
In a little more than half an hour (35 minutes, to be exact!), you will have a dinner that is SO yummy and satisfying. This recipe contains six servings, so it is perfect for a dinner with others, or your weekly meal prep!
Beef and Broccoli in an Instant Pot: Tastes like keto Chinese takeout food!
If you are a Chinese cuisine connoisseur, you are going to LOVE this instant pot beef broccoli recipe! Containing beef, broccoli, and the perfect combo of spices, this dish tastes quite similar to what you would get from an authentic Chinese restaurant. YUM!
As a serving option, you can even opt to serve it over cauliflower rice! In doing so, you get an extra serving of veggies while adding some awesome texture and flavor as well. I absolutely love it with cauliflower rice, served hot!
What is Liquid Aminos?
If you take a peek at the recipe, you will notice that this dish calls for liquid aminos. Wondering what exactly liquid aminos are? Or, maybe you’ve used this ingredient in recipes, but weren’t exactly sure what it was. Let me give you the breakdown!
Simply put, liquid aminos is an alternative to soy sauce, and it can actually be a much healthier choice. This ingredient contains plant-based amino acids that are crucial to building protein. Additionally, people who incorporate liquid aminos into their diet regularly appear to have healthier body weight and appetite. Another awesome benefit is that although soy sauce contains gluten, liquid aminos does NOT! This makes liquid aminos the perfect option for those who have a gluten intolerance or gluten allergy.
I tend to avoid soy-containing products as much as possible, so this swap is one of my favorites. I personally use and love Bragg Liquid Aminos as it’s relatively cheap to buy and is widely available for purchase online and in grocery stores.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Beef Broccoli
Like a bunch of the recipes I make, this one also falls into the low-carb category! The low carb content makes it a perfect meal option if you are trying to maintain a decreased carb intake. Even if you don’t focus on carbs, it is still a great, healthy choice!
One serving of this yummy dish contains only 3.9 grams of net carbs! Plus, since this dish is packed full of veggies, the majority of the total carb content stems from nutrient-dense greens! With each serving containing a whopping 10 grams of fiber, one bowl contains only 3.9 grams of net carbs!
This beef and broccoli dish has a touch of sweetness that you will love!
There is a subtle sweetness in the sauce of this recipe that I know you will LOVE. One of the ways I keep the carb count down here is by skipping refined sugar and, instead, using Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. If you are familiar with Real Balanced you have probably learned by now that I absolutely LOVE this stuff! The perfect alternative to traditional sugar, this sweetener is calorie-free and net-carb-free, and tastes exactly the same! You should definitely try out Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener!
LAKANTO TASTE TEST BUNDLE
If you are interested in ordering monk fruit sweetener, I am excited to share that I have partnered with Lakanto to share a Taste Test Bundle with you all! If you’ve been waiting to try monk fruit sweetener, now is the time to order! This deal includes classic monk fruit sweetener (which is used in this recipe here), golden monk fruit sweetener, a recipe e-Book, and Lakanto’s Taste Test Guarantee!
Let’s dive into how this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is made!
To a mixing bowl, add beef broth, liquid aminos, monk fruit sweetener, and ground ginger.
Cutting against the grain, slice chuck roasts into thin strips. Add sliced beef strips and stir to coat beef in sauce. Set aside.
Turn Instant Pot to sauté, add avocado oil, and, once hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add beef and sauce to Instant Pot and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to manual setting for 15 minutes.
While beef is cooking, steam broccoli in a covered steamer basket over medium-high heat until just barely tender. Remove Instant Pot lid and, using a ladle, scoop out ¾ cup of the sauce and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until sauce thickens. Pour thickened sauce back into Instant Pot. Add steamed broccoli to beef to Instant Pot insert. Gently fold in the broccoli to the beef and sauce mixture.
Serve dish hot on its own or with a side of cauliflower rice.
Great for so many diet types
- Keto and low carb: This beef and broccoli recipe is perfect for keto and low-carb lifestyles and contains only 3.9 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Dairy free: This instant pot beef and broccoli recipe is safe for those with dairy allergies.
- Egg free: This dish does not contain eggs.
- Nut free: A great dish for those with nut allergies or intolerances.
- Coconut free: This recipe does not contain any coconut.
- Refined sugar-free: Made with Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener, this recipe is completely refined-sugar-free.
Looking for more low-carb Real Balanced dinners?
I LOVE low-carb options and rethinking recipes in a healthier way! If you are looking for more awesome low-carb dinner ideas, try these out!
Looking for more free recipes?
Craving something hearty and healthy for dinner, but don’t have an endless supply of time to spend preparing it? If so, this is the perfect dish for you! Loaded with veggies and protein sources, this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is the PERFECT dish for a nutrient-packed, easy-to-prepare dinner!
- 1 ¾ lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup liquid aminos
- ¼ cup classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 oz raw broccoli florets
- 1 ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Cutting against the grain, slice chuck roasts into thin strips.
- To a mixing bowl, add beef broth, liquid aminos, classic monk fruit sweetener, and ground ginger. Whisk together until well-incorporated. Add sliced beef strips and stir to coat beef in sauce. Set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute setting, add avocado oil, and, once hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beef and sauce to Instant Pot and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to Manual setting for 15 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, steam broccoli in a covered steamer basket over medium-high heat until just barely tender, about 8-10 minutes. (Alternatively, to steam broccoli, in a large microwave-safe bowl, add broccoli florets and 1 cup of water. Microwave until broccoli is just barely tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain excess water from microwaved steamed broccoli.)
- Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off. Remove lid and, using a ladle, scoop out a ¾ cup of the sauce and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until sauce thickens. Pour the thickened sauce back into Instant Pot. Add steamed broccoli to beef to Instant Pot insert. Gently fold in the broccoli to the beef and sauce mixture.
- Serve hot on its own or with a side of cauliflower rice.
Keywords: instant pot, beef and broccoli, keto instant pot
Photo credit: Jess Larson