Who says you can’t have a balanced pizza?! This Low-Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole is full of nutrients that will satisfy your craving for a savory classic!
With easy ingredients and a 20 minute prep time, this healthy zucchini casserole is so easy to prepare, pop in the oven, and enjoy!
If you love pizza, you will LOVE this cheesy zucchini pizza casserole!
Everyone loves a good pizza dish, and this option definitely doesn’t disappoint. With simple, yummy ingredients, this is sure to be a dish that will win over any pizza lover.
Cheesy Low-Carb Casserole with a Vegetable Boost!
Zucchinis are a wonderful option for those looking for a low-carb meal. In fact, an entire zucchini typically contains less than 5 net carbs! A cheesy, savory dish that also counts of a serving of vegetables? Yes, please!
Flourless Pizza Casserole
One of the best parts of this pizza casserole is that the added zucchini provides a myriad of beneficial nutrients hidden in the pizza crust, yet does not sacrifice any flavor! Instead of containing flour and other doughy ingredients, this flourless recipe provides the benefits of added nutrients like calcium, magnesium, and B12.
Healthy Pizza Casserole
A healthier spin on the real deal, this is one of the best zucchini casserole recipes that will definitely become a new favorite.
This dish uses nutrient-dense and flavorful ingredients, including Rao’s Pizza Sauce — a delicious, all-natural option. This recipe also uses basil and crushed red pepper. Quick trivia: red pepper alleviates congestion and improve immunity! Pretty cool if you ask me!
Nut-Free Keto Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
Completely nut-free, this dish is safe to consume for those with nut allergies and intolerances. It is also keto compliant!
This pizza casserole is a favorite of mine! One of the best parts is that it is so jam-packed with nutrients! In addition to the significant benefits of consuming zucchini, the benefits of the various spices used are amazing; from basil’s stress-relieving properties to the detoxification and nutrient benefits of oregano!
An awesome, simple dish, this is a great option for gatherings and events with friends! When making this, I definitely recommend using Rao’s Pizza Sauce, as highlighted above. The natural ingredients, including Italian tomatoes, Italian olive oil, carrots, and fresh basil, really tie together well and complete the taste of this dish!
Making this low-carb zucchini pizza casserole is SO easy!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat 9×13 casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pulse zucchini in the food processor until finely shredded. Transfer zucchini to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
To a large mixing bowl, add shredded zucchini, 1 cup mozzarella, and 3/4 cup cheddar, parmesan, and eggs and mix with a spoon or electric mixer.
Transfer mixture to prepared casserole pan and press into even layer. Bake 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown ground beef in pan over medium heat. Drain excess grease, pour in tomato sauce, add spices, and stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
After base layer is finished baking, pour beef and tomato mixture on top.
Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and cheddar on top and then add pepperonis.
Return casserole pan to oven and bake for 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool fully before cutting and serving.
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With:
Not only is this cheesy low-carb casserole SO DELICIOUS, it’s also compliant with a variety of diet lifestyles and is even nut-free and coconut-free!
- Low-Carb and Keto: One serving contains less than 6 grams of net carbs!
- Nut-Free: This recipe is nut-free.
- Coconut-Free: This zucchini casserole has no ingredients that contain coconut.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: This is a gluten-free recipe, as it is free from gluten-containing ingredients as well as being free from grains. This zucchini pizza casserole is also Celiac-friendly!
- Sugar-Free: This recipe has no added sugar.
Net Carbs in Low-Carb Pizza Casserole
One serving of this low-carb pizza casserole contains only 5.9 grams of net carbs. The recipe yields 8 servings and one serving is one piece.
You can find more Real Balanced easy keto dinner recipes here!
Looking for more free recipes?
This Low-Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole is the ultimate keto dinner recipe! This pizza casserole is low-carb, keto, nut-free, coconut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and contains only 5.9 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 4 cups (~16 oz) shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 7 oz Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp ground thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat 9 x 13 casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse zucchini in a food processor until finely shredded. Transfer zucchini to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add shredded zucchini, 1 cup mozzarella, and 3/4 cup cheddar, parmesan, and eggs and mix with a spoon or electric mixer. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole pan and press into even layer. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a pan over medium heat. Drain excess grease, pour in tomato sauce, add spices, and stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated. After the base layer is finished baking, pour beef and tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and cheddar on top and then add pepperonis. Return casserole pan to oven and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting and serving.
To store, cut casserole into pieces and transfer to airtight container and refrigerate. Casserole should be consumed within 3 days of baking.
Keywords: zucchini pizza, zucchini casserole, keto zucchini recipes, low-carb zucchini recipes