Are you looking for keto chicken casserole recipes? How about trying my jalapeño popper chicken casserole?! This low-carb jalapeno popper casserole recipe is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner!
I bet you can agree that chicken casserole is ALWAYS a good idea. I am putting a spin on the traditional chicken casserole dish by adding jalapeños AND BACON! Yes, you heard that right. This incredible, mouth-watering jalapeño popper chicken casserole is bursting with flavor.
Not only is it DELICIOUS
Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole
Many people think that when transitioning to a ketogenic lifestyle, they will be forced to give up their favorite foods. That is SO not the case! This incredible casserole goes to show that you can adhere to a low-carb diet while enjoying the most delicious, savory recipes.
EVERY recipe that I create is low carb in order to adhere to a ketogenic diet. This recipe follows suit! However, just because it is low carb does not mean it lacks any bit of flavor, as this recipe is absolutely BURSTING with cheesy, bacon-y goodness!
With only 3.7 grams of net carbs per serving, this jalapeño popper chicken casserole is a keto dieter’s dream come true.
Keto jalapeno popper made with the most delicious ingredients
Thanks to the amazing ingredients used within this recipe, this dish is overflowing with flavor. Some of the tasty ingredients include BACON (did I mention that yet?), jalapeños, hot sauce, cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, AND shredded cheddar! That sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
In addition to being jam packed with flavor, these low-carb, high-fat ingredients are perfect for a keto diet, as well as containing a myriad of health benefits!
- Jalapeños: Often overlooked, jalapeños are
an awesomefood to consume. If you are a lover of these peppers, you are likely familiar with the hot sensation that they provide. Their spiciness is actually a result of the presence of capsaicin. Capsaicin is an anti-inflammatory that can help to reduce weight, congestion, and high blood pressure!
- Hot Sauce: Since peppers are used to make hot sauce, many of the same qualities and benefits are present in both forms. Like jalapeño peppers, hot sauce works to reduce inflammation, weight, and congestion. In addition, the mighty sauce is packed with nutrients including Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
- Cheese: A fantastic source of many vital nutrients, cheese can be quite beneficial, as many individuals do not consume the daily recommended amount of calcium. In addition, cheese is a great source of B12, zinc, and protein!
How to serve keto chicken casserole
One recipe yields six servings, making it great to cook for meal prep for the week ahead, or as a nice dinner at home!
Check out how to make this DELICIOUS casserole!
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Save bacon grease on your pan. Let crispy bacon bits rest on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
In pan of bacon grease over medium heat, add chopped jalapeños and cook until softened and edges are browned, about 3 minutes.
To pan, with browned jalapeños add cubed cream cheese…
…add in mayonnaise and hot sauce. Cook until cream cheese has softened and all ingredients are
Once chicken has finished cooking, remove baking sheet from oven. Do not turn oven off.
Transfer chicken to mixing bowl and shred using two forks. Mix in crumbled bacon and cream cheese mixture. Transfer mixture to 8×8 baking pan and, using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar atop mixture.
Transfer baking pan to middle rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes before turning oven broiler on and broiling for 2-3 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and allow casserole to cool slightly before cutting into pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Compliant with SO many diet types
This jalapeño popper chicken casserole complies with a variety of different diets and lifestyles, making it the PERFECT recipe for so many to enjoy!
- Keto and Low Carb: Containing only 3.7 grams of net carbs per serving, this jalapeño popper casserole is perfect for the ketogenic diet.
- Primal: This recipe adheres to primal diet restrictions.
- Gluten-Free: Free of wheat, barley, and rye, this casserole is totally gluten free and perfect for those with Celiac or other gluten intolerances!
- Grain-Free: There are no grain products used within this recipe.
- Nut-Free: This chicken jalapeño popper casserole is safe for those with nut allergies and intolerances, as it is free of peanuts and tree nuts.
- Sugar-Free: This recipe does not contain any added sugar or sweeteners.
There is more where this came from
Are you a huge lover of all types of chicken recipes? If so, Real Balanced is FULL of many more amazing keto and low carb ideas!
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers
- Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Low-Carb Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings
Looking for more free recipes?
Are you looking for keto chicken casserole recipes? How about trying my jalapeño popper chicken casserole?! This jalapeno popper casserole low carb recipe will become your new favorite weeknight dinner!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Place baking rack atop lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, toss chicken thighs in salt and pepper. Transfer seasoned chicken to prepared baking rack. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease. Do not discard bacon grease.
- In pan of bacon grease over medium heat, add chopped jalapeños and cook until softened and edges are browned, about 3 minutes. To pan, add cubed cream cheese, mayonnaise, and hot sauce and cook until cream cheese has softened and all ingredients are well-combined, about 5 minutes.
- Once chicken has finished cooking, remove baking sheet from oven. Do not turn oven off. Transfer chicken to mixing bowl and shred using two forks. Mix in crumbled bacon and cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to 8×8 baking pan and, using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar atop mixture. Transfer baking pan to middle rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes before turning oven broiler on and broiling for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow casserole to cool slightly before cutting into pieces.
Keywords: jalapeno popper chicken casserole, jalapeno popper casserole, chicken jalapeno popper casserole, jalapeno popper chicken casserole recipe, jalapeno popper chicken casserole low carb, jalapeno popper casserole recipe
Photo credit: Jess Larson