Have you been looking for low carb healthy buffalo chicken tenders recipe? These keto buffalo chicken tenders are nut free and breaded with pork rinds making them the perfect nut free keto recipe!
- 1 ¼ lb (~8 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 ½ cups (~150g) finely crushed pork rinds
- 1 ½ tsp ground thyme
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup (180mL) hot sauce, divided
- ¼ cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place baking rack atop a foil-lined baking sheet. Generously coat baking rack in nonstick cooking spray.
- Using paper towels, pat chicken tenders dry. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed pork rinds, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Transfer half of dry ingredients to a shallow dish, keeping remaining half of spices in mixing bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp (15mL) hot sauce, mayonnaise, and eggs. One at a time, dip chicken tender into the egg mixture, then dredge chicken into dry ingredient mixture, flipping chicken tender over multiple times to fully bread chicken in dry ingredient mixture. Transfer breaded chicken to a prepared baking rack. After the first half of dry ingredients have been used, transfer remaining half to another shallow dish (this is done to avoid dry ingredients clumping together after coming into contact with egg mixture). Continue breading remaining chicken tenders.
- Bake chicken tenders until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of chicken tender.
- To a large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining ½ cup + 3 tbsp (165mL) hot sauce and stir into melted butter until well-incorporated. Add baked chicken tenders and toss until coated in sauce. Serve chicken tenders topped with blue cheese crumbles and chives.
Keywords: buffalo chicken tenders, buffalo chicken tenders recipe, keto buffalo chicken tenders, low carb buffalo chicken tenders