Thes keto buffalo chicken tenders are ultra low carb and are a delicious dinner option for busy weeknights!
We ALL love chicken tenders, right?! A total staple in many diets, chicken tenders are a classic, yummy dish often served up with our favorite crispy sides.
WELL, chicken tenders are about to enter a whole new level of deliciousness for you, because in this recipe, I’m showing you how to make BUFFALO chicken tenders! That’s right. These chicken tenders are a flavorful twist on the classic dish that we all enjoy.
These easy buffalo chicken tenders are absolutely jam packed with the BEST ingredients to create a savory taste that is unparalleled. You will absolutely LOVE these!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Tenders
I know what you’re thinking. “How in the WORLD can these buffalo chicken tenders be low carb, especially when they are breaded?!” Well, the answer is in the ingredients!
The truth is, these mouth watering buffalo chicken tenders are not breaded with any sort of grain or gluten product. Instead, they are actually breaded with pork rinds and a selection of spices. By using those ingredients for the “breading,” carbs are a non-issue!
In fact, these chicken tenders are TOTALLY low carb and COMPLETELY comply to the ketogenic diet! Surprising, isn’t it? Using these ingredients is the perfect solution when you are craving a savory, breaded (esq), but low carb chicken dish!
Gone are the days when being keto meant giving up your favorite foods! This recipe goes to show just how fun and innovative you can really get in the kitchen when you’re trying to follow certain diet restrictions. It is totally possible to follow a keto diet and STILL enjoy all of the classics!
The BEST buffalo chicken tenders recipe
This recipe is one of the BEST chicken dishes that I have ever put together. These tenders absolutely overflow with flavor! I used a variety of ingredients including hot sauce, pork rinds, ground thyme, paprika, garlic powder, and other various spices to achieve this incredible taste.
I love using spices because not only are they FULL of flavor, they are also packed with health benefits. However, they aren’t the only vitamin-rich ingredient in this recipe, as hot sauce is actually super beneficial too!
Hot sauce has its own long list of benefits that you were probably totally unaware of. First, found in peppers is a compound called capsaicin that works to increase your metabolic rate. That being said, hot sauce can help your body burn off a few extra calories! In addition, hot sauce is full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants. Lastly, if you find yourself feeling a bit congested, smother hot sauce on something! Hot sauce can help to clear up your sinuses, bringing relief from that gnarly congestion and pressure!
If you love buffalo flavor, you are going to LOVE these chicken tenders
When these buffalo chicken tenders are cooked and ready to serve, you can take them to the next level by garnishing them with blue cheese and chives! I totally love blue cheese, and when adding it to these already flavor-packed chicken tenders, some incredible things happen. You’re seriously going to LOVE it!
These wings are easy to make and only require 20 minutes of prep time! After that, pop them in the oven to bake for another ~20 minutes. In total, these easy buffalo chicken tenders are ready in only 2/3 of an hour!
Lastly, these buffalo chicken tenders are compliant with a bunch of diets and lifestyles. They are a great dish to serve up for gatherings and friend-filled occasions because they can be enjoyed by so many! Try them out for your next game day party or tailgate!
Check out how to make these easy buffalo chicken tenders
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place baking rack atop
In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed pork rinds, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
This will make your buffalo chicken tenders so yummy…
Whisk together until fully incorporated. Transfer half of dry ingredients to a shallow dish, keeping remaining half of spices in mixing bowl.
In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together hot sauce, mayonnaise, and eggs. And then, using paper towels, pat chicken tenders dry.
One at a time, dip chicken tender into egg mixture…
…then dredge chicken into dry ingredient mixture…
…flip the chicken tender over multiple times to fully coat chicken in dry ingredient mixture. Continue breading the remaining chicken tenders.
Transfer breaded chicken to prepared baking rack. Bake chicken tenders until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken tender.
To a large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining hot sauce and stir into melted butter until well-incorporated. Add baked chicken tenders and toss until coated in sauce. Serve chicken tenders topped with blue cheese crumbles and chives.
Compliant with a bunch of diet types
These buffalo chicken tenders are a yummy dish that can be enjoyed by many! Thanks to their ingredients, these tenders are compliant with the following diets:
- Keto and Low Carb: These easy buffalo chicken tenders are GREAT for low carb dieters! These delish tenders only contain 0.6 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Primal: These buffalo chicken tenders follow primal diet restrictions and guidelines.
- Gluten Free: This recipe does not contain any wheat, barley, rye, or other gluten-containing ingredients.
- Grain Free: These buffalo chicken tenders are grain free!
- Nut Free: This recipe is safe to consume for those with gluten allergies and intolerances because it does not contain any peanuts or tree nuts.
- Sugar Free: This recipe does not contain any sugar.
Craving some more keto chicken recipes from Real Balanced?
Whether you’re cooking up something for yourself or you are entertaining others, chicken-based dishes are always the perfect answer. I know you will LOVE these recipes!
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad
- Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Instant Pot Low Carb Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings
Looking for more free recipes?
Have you been looking for low carb healthy buffalo chicken tenders recipe? These keto buffalo chicken tenders are nut free and breaded with pork rinds making them the perfect nut free keto recipe!
- 1 ¼ lb (~8 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 ½ cups (~150g) finely crushed pork rinds
- 1 ½ tsp ground thyme
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup (180mL) hot sauce, divided
- ¼ cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place baking rack atop foil-lined baking sheet. Generously coat baking rack in nonstick cooking spray.
- Using paper towels, pat chicken tenders dry. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed pork rinds, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Transfer half of dry ingredients to a shallow dish, keeping remaining half of spices in mixing bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp (15mL) hot sauce, mayonnaise, and eggs. One at a time, dip chicken tender into egg mixture, then dredge chicken into dry ingredient mixture, flipping chicken tender over multiple times to fully bread chicken in dry ingredient mixture. Transfer breaded chicken to prepared baking rack. After first half of dry ingredients have been used, transfer remaining half to another shallow dish (this is done to avoid dry ingredients clumping together after coming into contact with egg mixture). Continue breading remaining chicken tenders.
- Bake chicken tenders until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken tender.
- To a large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining ½ cup + 3 tbsp (165mL) hot sauce and stir into melted butter until well-incorporated. Add baked chicken tenders and toss until coated in sauce. Serve chicken tenders topped with blue cheese crumbles and chives.
Keywords: buffalo chicken tenders, buffalo chicken tenders recipe, keto buffalo chicken tenders, low carb buffalo chicken tenders, easy buffalo chicken tenders
Photo credit: Jess Larson