These 30-Minute Paleo Chicken Tenders are the ultimate weeknight dinner option that the whole family is sure to love!
I really love chicken tenders. Crispy, crunchy, salty goodness that can be dunked in as many sauces as you can dream up. Plus, these are the perfect meal option for kids who may be picky eaters or for those who need meal options that can be quickly eaten on-the-go.
Since breading with white flour and deep frying in vegetable oil is something I’d like to avoid, I was bound and determined to develop a chicken tender recipe that rivaled the kind I grew up on. Behold, 30-Minute Paleo Chicken Tenders in all their glory. All the good stuff, minus the weird, inflammatory ingredients. Plus, I included an ingredient that makes this recipe perfect for those who follow a low-carb diet approach.
I’ve recently begun playing around with the addition of potato starch in my diet after having read countless articles about its benefits. Potato starch, a resistant starch and prebiotic, is a carbohydrate we are unable to digest, which travels through our bodies acting similar to that of soluble fiber and selectively feeds beneficial bacteria. According to studies and noted by Mark Sisson, the benefits of adding resistant starch, such as potato starch, to your diet may include improved insulin sensitivity, gut function improvement, a lowered blood glucose response to food, a reduction in fasting blood sugar, increased satiety, and an enhancement in magnesium absorption. Because resistant starch mimics soluble fiber, consumption of potato starch is a compliant option for those who follow a low-carb diet. Personally, I prefer Bob’s Red Mill brand of potato starch. It is a little costly up front, but only a small amount is needed to reap the benefits.
A Perfect Chicken Tenders Weeknight Meal
Bake these chicken tenders up and dig in! I promise that the whole family will approve.
Diets This Paleo Chicken Tenders Recipe Is Compliant With
These 30-Minute Paleo Chicken Tenders are paleo, Whole30 compliant, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free.
Looking for more Real Balanced paleo recipes?Print
These 30-Minute Paleo Chicken Tenders are a delicious weeknight dinner option that the whole family is sure to love! This recipe is low-carb, Whole30-compliant, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup potato starch
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
2-3 tbsp avocado oil
2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine eggs and mayonnaise. Once blended, pour mixture into shallow bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk until well-combined.
- In a large pan, add avocado oil until bottom of pan is completely covered. Turn burner on to medium heat.
- Dip chicken into egg bath, then in breading, and then place in heated pan with avocado oil. Flip chicken after about 30-45 seconds. (We are only looking to brown each side, not cook the meat.)
- Move browned chicken to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven once chicken is fully cooked. Serve immediately and enjoy!