Get ready for THE most delicious keto and low carb cupcakes! Bursting with both chocolate and strawberry flavor, these low-carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes are keto-friendly, gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free, AND vegetarian-friendly!
Real Balanced readers know that I have a colossal sweet tooth. I LOVE chocolate, and I eat treats almost every day! So, let me tell you. These cupcakes satisfy my sweet tooth like nothing else. They are SO GOOD and satisfy my relentless craving for chocolate!
If you like chocolate and strawberry, you will LOVE these cupcakes
If you want to be absolutely blown away at how TASTY these ingredients are, get ready. This strawberry chocolate cupcake recipe is absolutely unreal, especially if you are a cream cheese lover.
Not only does this recipe contain cream cheesy goodness, it also calls for butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and strawberry extract!
I love to use extracts in my recipes because they contain so much flavor and ZERO carbs! Watching our carb intake is crucial for remaining in ketosis, and fruits tend to be a bit heavy in that area. For this reason, extracts are often a lifesaver when making fruit-flavored recipes. They are the perfect solution!
The most delicious keto cupcakes
I know what you’re thinking. There is NO way cupcakes that sound THAT tasty are ketogenic-compliant. Well, you’re wrong! These cupcakes are COMPLETELY keto-friendly. In fact, each cupcake only contains 4.9 grams of net carbs.
If you’re wondering how on earth I achieved this, the secret to these strawberry chocolate cupcakes is my FAVORITE go-to product for making sweets: Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener.
Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
Monk Fruit Sweetener contains ZERO grams of net carbs, ZERO calories, is all natural, AND is low-glycemic. It isn’t going to spike your blood sugar or cause a gnarly sugar crash! This stuff is the real deal, and that is why it is my go-to for ALL of my treats!
They offer two versions: Classic and Golden. Classic is typically substituted into white-sugar recipes, and Golden is used for brown. However, whatever you have on hand will work perfectly, as they can be used interchangeably with no problem. Both versions incorporate into recipes at a 1:1 ratio to refined sugar, meaning absolutely NO extra work or measuring is required!
Lakanto is an awesome company and offers Real Balanced readers two ways to save on their products.
Use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off on your Lakanto purchase, or save by taking advantage of the Lakanto Taste Test Bundle!
Super easy low-carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes
These cupcakes are one of my favorite recipes to make from scratch because they are SO easy. They are a pretty low time commitment, requiring only 15 minutes of prep time TOTAL for both the batter and the frosting. After that, just pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes, frost ’em, and enjoy!
Once these cupcakes come out of the oven, I like to garnish them with a slice of fresh strawberry and cocoa powder! This is, of course optional, but it adds a burst of flavor to your treats AND makes them almost too pretty to eat.
Check out how to make chocolate strawberry cupcakes from scratch
Assemble chocolate strawberry cupcakes recipe ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin cavities with cupcake liners. Then, in a mixing bowl, add butter and cream cheese.
Using an electric mixer, mix together butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
Add remaining cupcake ingredients…
…and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Spoon dough into individual cupcake liners, flattening into even layer using fingers or back of spoon. Transfer cupcake tin to oven and bake until toothpick can be poked into center of cupcake and come out cleanly, about 23-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse monk fruit sweetener until powdered. With an electric mixer, mix together frosting ingredients until well-combined.
After cupcakes have baked, remove cupcake tin from oven and transfer individual cupcakes from cupcake tin cavities to
Transfer half of frosting mixture to piping bag and frost individual cupcakes. Garnish cupcakes with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and a slice of strawberry.
These low-carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes are compliant with a wide variety of diets
This chocolate and strawberry cupcake recipe is UNREAL. I am so happy to share it with you, because it can be enjoyed with SO MANY different lifestyles!
- Keto and Low Carb: Each delicious chocolate strawberry cupcake only contains 4.9 grams of net carbs. These are PERFECT for the ketogenic diet!
- Gluten-Free: These cupcakes are free of all gluten-containing products. They are safe to consume for those with Celiac disease and other gluten allergies.
- Grain-Free: This recipe is free of all grain products.
- Nut Free: ZERO peanuts or tree nuts have been used within this recipe. It is perfect for those with nut allergies or intolerances!
- Vegetarian: These cupcakes are vegetarian-friendly.
- Refined Sugar-Free: These chocolate strawberry cupcakes are completely free of refined sugar!
Calling all chocolate and fruit lovers!
Whether you are a chocolate lover, prefer fruit-based desserts, or like a combination of the two, I have a BUNCH of ideas that you will love!
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Fat Bombs
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Low-Carb Glazed Orange Scones
Looking for more free recipes?
Are you looking for the perfect low carb cupcake recipe?! What about a chocolate coconut flour cupcakes recipe? These low carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes are perfect for those following a keto nut free diet!
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp (70g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (144g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp (2g) espresso powder
- ½ cup (56g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (96g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 4 fresh strawberries, cut in thirds
- ¼ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin cavities with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add remaining cupcake ingredients and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon dough into individual cupcake liners, flattening into even layer using fingers or back of spoon. Transfer cupcake tin to oven and bake until toothpick can be poked into center of cupcake and come out cleanly, about 23-25 minutes.
- Frosting: Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse monk fruit sweetener until powdered.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together ingredients until well-combined.
- Final Steps: After cupcakes have baked, remove cupcake tin from oven and transfer individual cupcakes from cupcake tin cavities to cooling rack to fully cool. Transfer half of frosting mixture to piping bag and frost individual cupcakes, filling piping bag with remaining half of frosting once needed. Garnish cupcakes with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and a slice of strawberry.
Transferring Dough to Cupcake Liners: The cupcake dough is quite thick and sticky. To easily transfer dough from mixing bowl to cupcake liners, I suggest spraying a light layer of nonstick cooking spray on your hands and using your fingers to press the dough into an even layer.
Keywords: chocolate strawberry cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes, chocolate and strawberry cupcake recipe