I am sharing this post in partnership with SunButter. As always, all opinions are my own. I appreciate you supporting both me and the brands that allow me to create quality content for you!
By now, you all well know how much I enjoy seasonal dishes! I absolutely LOVE getting festive in the kitchen! This time, I’m here with an autumnal-inspired dish: delicious Pumpkin SunButter Soup! That’s right. Time to get cozy with a nice, warm bowl of soup, full of pumpkin-y, SunButter-y flavor!
This Pumpkin SunButter Soup is seriously SO delicious and I know you will absolutely love it! Jam-packed with yummy ingredients, this recipe is full of flavor, low in carbs, nut free, and the PERFECT fall soup! It is SO easy to make, and features my absolute FAVE nut-free seed butter spread: SunButter!
Nut free keto recipe featuring SunButter
SunButter is the BEST seed butter spread. It is made from sunflower seeds, is super yummy, and is a fantastic natural and nut-free, keto-friendly product. SunButter’s texture and flavor is very similar to that of peanut butter and almond butter, yet it is entirely nut-free and safe to eat for those of us with a nut allergy!
SunButter is a great source of protein, with 7 grams per serving, and is low in net carbohydrates, making it a perfect pantry-staple for low carb dieters!
Produced in a peanut- and tree nut-free facility, SunButter is completely free from the top 8 allergens:
- tree nuts,
- fish, and
Additionally, SunButter is vegan, gluten free, and certified Kosher.
SunButter produces a variety of products, meaning that no matter your preference, there is probably a great option for you! You can choose from organic (sugar and salt-free), natural, creamy, crunchy, and no-sugar-added!
Because I want to keep this recipe keto-friendly, I am using No-Sugar-Added SunButter. I love using this variety of SunButter to ensure that I’m able to keep the carb and sugar content of my recipes to an absolute minimum!
Net Carbs in SunButter
Per serving, No-Sugar-Added SunButter contains only 2 grams of net carbs! It’s a fantastic shelf-table product to add to your pantry!
Jam packed with flavorful ingredients
This keto pumpkin soup is full of awesome, delicious ingredients. There are a ton of spices involved that help give this pumpkin soup its special flavor, including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and turmeric!
I love using spices, not only because they add SO much flavor to recipes, but because they also have a ton of health benefits that are often forgotten about. For example, did you know that cinnamon and turmeric both have anti-inflammatory properties and are full of antioxidants? Ginger can actually treat nausea, and nutmeg is great for digestion and skin! These are just a FRACTION of the benefits of these spices.
It is definitely worth considering using more spices in all of your dishes for extra flavor AND health benefits!
The yummiest keto pumpkin soup
In addition to all of the spices outlined above, this soup also contains some other awesome ingredients. Some of those include heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, pumpkin puree, and, of course SunButter!
Like the spices, pumpkin contains a bunch of benefits. Did you know pumpkin is actually great for eyesight? An awesome source of Vitamin A, this vital nutrient is directly linked to eyesight, but tends to diminish in the body with aging. That being said, eating a fair share of pumpkin can supply the body with this valuable nutrient, thus aiding eyesight! Pumpkin is also a great source of Vitamin C and is full of antioxidants that can help to fight sickness.
This simple pumpkin soup is SO easy to make!
To a large pot over medium heat, add all ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove pot from heat.
Transfer mixture to food processor.
Add xanthan gum and pulse mixture in food processor until desired soup consistency is reached.
Pour pureed soup back into pot, cover pot with lid, and simmer soup again over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve soup hot and top with desired garnishes.
Compliant with a variety of diets and lifestyles
- Keto and Low Carb: This keto pumpkin soup is low in carbs and only contains 4.5 grams of net carbs per serving!
- Egg Free: Eggs are not used in this recipe.
- Gluten Free and Grain Free: This Pumpkin SunButter Soup is completely free of gluten!
- Nut Free: This recipe is made with zero nuts or nut products. As a result, this soup is great if you have nut allergies and intolerances.
- Coconut Free: Coconut products are not used within this recipe.
- Vegetarian: This recipe is easily made vegetarian by swapping out the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- Refined Sugar Free: Completely free of refined sugar, this soup is great if you are trying to keep your added sugar intake to a minimum.
Craving more low carb SunButter recipes?
Don’t worry, I have you covered! Take a look at these recipes for fun ways to incorporate Sun Butter into your cooking:
- Chocolate Bar Fat Bombs
- French Toast Fat Bombs
- Cinnamon Roll Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
My Pumpkin SunButter soup is soon to be your favorite go to fall pumpkin soup recipe! This healthy pumpkin soup recipe is packed with nutrients, low carb, keto friendly, nut free and egg free.
- 3 cups (720mL) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 10 oz pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup (180mL) heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup (85g) No-Sugar-Added SunButter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp (4g) golden monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp maple extract
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- To a large pot over medium heat, add all ingredients excluding xanthan gum and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pot from heat, transfer mixture to food processor, add xanthan gum, and pulse until desired soup consistency is reached.
- Pour pureed soup back into pot, cover pot with lid, and simmer soup again over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve soup hot and top with desired garnishes.
Keywords: pumpkin sunbutter soup, sugar free pumpkin soup, homemade pumpkin soup, simple pumpkin soup, keto pumpkin soup
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of SunButter.