Have you been looking for some instant pot keto soup recipes? Do you love broccoli cheese soup? Then try my Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup! This is the perfect recipe for following a low carb diet or ketogenic diet especially if you own an instant pot.
There is no denying that broccoli cheese soup is notoriously a crowd-pleaser. I mean, let’s be real… What could POSSIBLY be better than a huge bowl of creamy, delicious cheese mixed with one of the tastiest veggies out there? Not much!
If you’re like me, you probably like to have a little broccoli with A LOT of cheese. Am I right, or am I right?! (Just kidding… kinda ?) In this recipe, the ratio of broccoli to cheese is PERFECT, creating a super yummy bowl of decadent goodness.
This soup is a breeze to make, and it is one of my favorites. I love whipping it up on evenings when I’m craving a warm, cozy dinner!
Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup
I am ALLLLL about my Instant Pot. Anything that makes cooking a little easier is VERY welcomed in my kitchen. To prepare this recipe, the Instant Pot is perfect! It truly cuts down the cooking time and allows me to have this delicious dinner ready in what feels like no time at all.
In fact, with the Instant Pot, the prep time is longer than the cooking time! It’s hard to say that about many dinner recipes. In total, this meal takes 40 minutes, with 30 minutes devoted to prepping, and just TEN to cooking.
Nothing beats a meal that is delicious AND easy to make!
If you like broccoli cheese soup, you are going to LOVE this version
This broccoli cheese soup is seriously SO good. Everyone that has tried it out absolutely raves about it.
In my version, I use a bunch of ingredients that include broccoli (surprise), butter, garlic, chicken broth, dijon mustard, paprika, and a few other things! For the cheese, I use a combination of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack! When cooked together, these ingredients offer a taste that is absolutely incredible. The choice of cheeses plays a huge role in that!
Check out these yummy ingredients
Whenever I eat something, I like to know how the ingredients are positively effecting and helping my body. Because I am very interested in that, I love sharing that information with you as well! This broccoli cheese soup contains ingredients that offer some pretty cool benefits. Check them out!
- Broccoli: Not only does broccoli taste great, it is also a super nutritious food. A big source of potassium and vitamins K and C, broccoli is great for providing the body with antioxidants. It helps to prevent sickness as well as blood clotting and heart conditions. It also helps aid in digestion and lowering cholesterol!
- Cheese: Everyone knows that cheese is a great source of protein and calcium, but cheese actually boasts additional nutrients that people tend to forget overlook. In addition to infamously supplying us with strong bones, cheese is a great source of B12, zinc, and vitamin A. This means that cheese is beneficial to vision, as well as your heart, lungs, and kidneys!
- Paprika: Paprika is jam packed with antioxidants and is awesome for helping the body fight disease! Paprika is good for the eyes and heart, and has been shown to help treat Diabetes symptoms, as it helps to regulate blood sugar.
Low carb broccoli cheese soup
This broccoli cheese soup is an awesome dish if you are looking for a recipe that complies with the ketogenic diet. Super low in carbs, this dish only contains 5.1 grams of net carbs per serving. High in fat, the combination of ingredients allow for this dish to be totally compliant with keto guidelines.
Your new favorite soup
This Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup is so yummy either as a side or main dish! Personally, I think that this soup is so great that I love to eat it all by itself! If you have low-carb bread or aren’t counting carbs, it is also perfect to pair with a small sandwich! A soup and salad combo is always an excellent choice.
Because this dish is complaint with sooo many diets, it is awesome to make for gatherings or to take to your next pot-luck. You can prep it at home, take your Instant Pot along, and cook it wherever you go! Your friends and family will LOVE this fresh, warm, cheesy goodness!
How to make broccoli cheese soup
Turn Instant Pot to Saute setting, add butter, and, once melted, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add broth and saute for 1 minute.
Thoroughly wash broccoli into florets…
Add broccoli florets and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to Manual setting for 10 minutes, and then Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off.
…add shredded cheddar cheese, shredded Monterey jack cheese, dijon mustard, paprika, and pepper and stir until cheese begins to melt.
Pour in heavy cream and continue to stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated. Taste mixture and, based on your preferences, add salt or omit altogether.
Using a ladle, scoop out ¾ cup of soup and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until soup thickens. Transfer thickened soup back to Instant Pot and stir into soup.
Ladle broccoli cheese soup into serving bowls and enjoy!
Compliant with a variety of diets
This broccoli cheese soup is awesome for a bunch of diets and lifestyles. Check out all of the diets it complies with!
- Keto and Low Carb: With only 5.1 grams of net carbs per serving, this Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup is perfect for a keto diet!
- Gluten Free: There are no wheat, rye, barley, or flour products in this recipe, making it safe for those with gluten allergies.
- Grain Free: This healthy broccoli cheese soup is grain free!
- Egg Free: There are no eggs contained in this broccoli cheese soup.
- Nut Free: Free of nuts and all nut products, this recipe is safe to consume for those with nut allergies and intolerances.
- Coconut Free: This recipe does not contain coconut.
- Vegetarian: This recipe can be easily converted to a vegetarian-friendly variation by simply swapping out the chicken broth for veggie broth!
- Sugar Free: Free of added sugar and sweeteners, this broccoli cheese soup is totally sugar free!
Looking for other easy keto soup recipes?
If you are craving some more low carb easy soup recipes, try these delicious options:
Looking for more free recipes?
Have you been looking for instant pot keto soup recipes? Do you love broccoli cheese soup? This is the perfect recipe for anyone following a low carb diet or ketogenic diet and wanting to use their Instant Pot!
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30g) minced garlic
- 3 cups (24 fl oz) chicken broth or, for vegetarian, vegetable broth
- 36 oz broccoli florets
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tbsp (15g) dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup (240mL) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp (~3g) xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute setting, add butter, and, once melted, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and saute for 1 minute. Add broccoli florets and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to Manual setting for 10 minutes.
- Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off. Remove lid, add shredded cheddar cheese, shredded monterey jack cheese, dijon mustard, paprika, and pepper and stir until cheese begins to melt. Pour in heavy cream and continue to stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated. Taste mixture and, based on your preferences, add salt or omit altogether.
- Using a ladle, scoop out ¾ cup of soup and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until soup thickens. Transfer thickened soup back to Instant Pot and stir into soup.
Xanthan Gum Substitution: If you do not have or prefer to not use xanthan gum, transfer 1 cup of soup from Instant Pot to a food processor and blend until thickened. Transfer blended mixture back to Instant Pot and stir until well-incorporated.
Storage: Allow soup to cool before transferring to an airtight container. Store soup in refrigerator and eat within 3-4 days.
Keywords: instant pot broccoli cheese soup, healthy broccoli cheese soup, how to make broccoli cheese soup, broccoli cheese soup instant pot, paleo broccoli cheese soup
Photo credit: Jess Larson