Have you been looking for instant pot keto soup recipes? Do you love broccoli cheese soup? This is the perfect recipe for anyone following a low carb diet or ketogenic diet and wanting to use their Instant Pot!
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30g) minced garlic
- 3 cups (24 fl oz) chicken or vegetable broth
- 36 oz broccoli florets
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tbsp (15g) dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup (240mL) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp (~3g) xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute setting, add butter, and, once melted, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and saute for 1 minute. Add broccoli florets and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to Manual setting for 10 minutes.
- Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off. Remove lid, add shredded cheddar cheese, shredded monterey jack cheese, dijon mustard, paprika, and pepper and stir until cheese begins to melt. Pour in heavy cream and continue to stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated. Taste mixture and, based on your preferences, add salt or omit altogether.
- Using a ladle, scoop out ¾ cup of soup and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until soup thickens.* Transfer thickened soup back to Instant Pot and stir into soup.
* If you do not have or prefer to not use xanthan gum, transfer 1 cup of soup from Instant Pot to a food processor and blend until thickened. Transfer blended mixture back to Instant Pot and stir until well-incorporated.
Keywords: instant pot broccoli cheese soup, healthy broccoli cheese soup, how to make broccoli cheese soup, broccoli cheese soup instant pot, paleo broccoli cheese soup