Are you looking for the perfect low carb cupcake recipe?! What about a chocolate coconut flour cupcakes recipe? These low carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes are perfect for those following a keto nut free diet!
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp (70g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (144g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp (2g) espresso powder
- ½ cup (56g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (96g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 4 fresh strawberries, cut in thirds
- ¼ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin cavities with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add remaining cupcake ingredients and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon dough into individual cupcake liners, flattening into even layer using fingers or back of spoon. Transfer cupcake tin to oven and bake until toothpick can be poked into center of cupcake and come out cleanly, about 23-25 minutes.
- Frosting: Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse monk fruit sweetener until powdered.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together ingredients until well-combined.
- Final Steps: After cupcakes have baked, remove cupcake tin from oven and transfer individual cupcakes from cupcake tin cavities to cooling rack to fully cool. Transfer half of frosting mixture to piping bag and frost individual cupcakes, filling piping bag with remaining half of frosting once needed. Garnish cupcakes with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and a slice of strawberry.
Transferring Dough to Cupcake Liners: The cupcake dough is quite thick and sticky. To easily transfer dough from mixing bowl to cupcake liners, I suggest spraying a light layer of nonstick cooking spray on your hands and using your fingers to press the dough into an even layer.
Keywords: chocolate strawberry cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes, chocolate and strawberry cupcake recipe