This Keto Creamy Ranch Chicken Freezer Meal is a low-carb, gluten-free, and nut-free option that only requires 15 minutes of prep time!
Sure, you’ve had buffalo chicken, bbq chicken, and maybe even jerk chicken. But have you had keto creamy ranch chicken?
Whether you answered yes or no, you’re in for a treat. This recipe is going to delight your taste buds because it’s going to be the best ranch chicken you’ve ever had!
What makes this dish a go-to option is the fact that it’s an easy freezer meal. As the days get shorter, the weather shifts seasons, and our lives continuously get busier, we can all save time in the kitchen. With this keto freezer meal, it’s totally possible!
Why I love freezer meals
The thing about freezer meals is that they totally free up your evenings. My method is pretty simple: I take a slow day (usually Sunday) and put together a handful of freezer meal recipes (often referred to as “batch cooking”). I chop all of the veggies, prep all of the meat, and get all of the spices together. Then, I bag up all of the individual recipes and pop them in the freezer!
When a busy (or just lazy) day inevitably rolls around, I don’t have to stress about dinner. I simply grab a freezable keto meal from the freezer and pop it in the Instant Pot or slow cooker, and with virtually 0 effort, I have dinner on the table and served.
This particular keto creamy ranch chicken freezer meal takes just FIFTEEN minutes to prep. In no time, you have a meal ready to go! When the day rolls around where you’re in the mood for ranch chicken, just grab your bag out of the freezer and pop it in the Instant Pot for 20 minutes or, let it thaw, then cook it in the slow cooker for a few hours.
Seriously… it’s that easy! So, if you’re looking for easy slow cooker recipes or instant pot chicken recipes, you’re going to want to bookmark this recipe!
Preparing the creamy ranch chicken recipe
When it comes to prepping this freezer meal recipe for the freezer, all you need to do is add your ingredients together. The main ingredients: chicken breasts, bone broth, heavy cream, and lots of spices!
Using the outlined measurements, this recipe will yield six servings at 2/3 cup each. To ensure ingredients are fresh and remain flavorful, cooking the frozen ingredients within 2-3 months of freezing is recommended.
How to cook keto freezer meals: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker?
Whether you choose an Instant Pot or a slow cooker, your meal is going to turn out incredibly tasty. If you’re trying to decide, here’s a helpful guide!
Wondering how to cook frozen chicken in an Instant Pot? It’s incredibly easy! In fact, this is one of my all-time favorite Instant Pot chicken recipes.
- Add frozen ingredients to your Instant Pot insert, set Instant Pot to “Manual” and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- After cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure. Once you can unscrew the lid of the Instant Pot, it’s fully depressurized.
- Move on to “Final Steps” as written below and that’s it!
Tip: If your mixture froze in a manner that makes it challenging to close the lid of your Instant Pot, simply place the frozen mixture into the Instant Pot insert and, using the “Sauté” function, sauté the frozen mixture until it thaws and fits into the insert and the lid can properly fit into place.
This low carb chicken recipe makes for an extremely simple slow cooker recipe!
- Thaw ingredients in the refrigerator (this may take upwards of 1 day).
- Add thawed ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Set to cook for 3 hours on high.
- Move on to “Final Steps” as written below and then you’re ready to serve!
Final steps for making creamy ranch chicken from frozen
Using tongs or forks, shred chicken. Add cubed cream cheese and shredded cheddar and stir until well-combined and cheese has melted.
In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and, using a spoon, fold into sauce until sauce thickens.
Serve chicken in bowls and garnish with green onions.
This dish comes with plenty of serving options
Once your chicken is ready to enjoy, there are a variety of serving options.
Simply serve in a bowl “as is,” or serve it atop steamed or roasted vegetables. For me, I’d go with low-carb veggie options, such as broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans!
For an extra flavor and texture component, garnish this dish with tasty crumbled bacon. After all, when has bacon ever made a dish LESS desirable? EVERYONE will love this keto chicken BACON ranch recipe!
Net carbs in keto creamy ranch chicken
This keto frozen meal is about to amaze you. As unbelievable as it may seem, this delicious dish only has 3.6 grams of net carbs per serving!
Storing this low-carb chicken recipe
For those of you that batch-make your meals or wind up with leftovers, storing this chicken is definitely an option.
Be sure to use an airtight container and keep it refrigerated, enjoying within 2-3 days!
Keto creamy ranch chicken is perfect for a variety of diets
- Keto and Low-Carb: With only 3.6g net carbs per serving, this slow cooker chicken recipe is perfect for keto and low-carb diets alike.
- Primal: This chicken dish follows primal diet guidelines.
- Coconut-Free: This keto freezer chicken meal is made without any coconut ingredients.
- Gluten-Free: Free of gluten, this easy slow cooker recipe is safe for those with Celiac or other gluten intolerances.
- Grain-Free: This keto frozen meal does not contain any grain ingredients.
- Nut-Free: This freezable keto meal is completely free of nuts!
- Egg-Free: Eggs are not included in this recipe.
- Sugar-Free: This keto-friendly freezer meal does not use any sugar or sweeteners.
More freezer-friendly keto meals
Want more freezer friendly recipes, try this Keto Korean Barbecue Beef Freezer Meal or click on the image below to get the FREE Keto Freezer Meal Recipes eBook!
More easy keto family meals
- 50 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 50 Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers
Looking for more free recipes?
Pressed for time and looking for some keto freezer meals? Then this is the keto freezer recipe for you! My keto creamy ranch chicken freezer meal is not only delicious, it’s also super easy to batch. It’s the perfect meal prep solution for busy families!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- ½ cup (120mL) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (120g) chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
Add After Cooking (Do Not Include in Freezer Bag):
- 6 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (112g) shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
Prepare Freezer Bag: Add ingredients directly to freezer bag (no mixing required!) and freeze until you’re ready to cook.
To Cook: Determine the appliance you will use to cook this recipe and, once decided, follow the “Instant Pot Instructions” or “Slow Cooker Instructions” as written below.
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add frozen ingredients to your Instant Pot insert, set Instant Pot to “Manual” and set the timer for 20 minutes. After cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure. Once you can unscrew the lid of the Instant Pot, it’s fully depressurized. Move on to “Final Steps” as written below.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Thaw ingredients in the refrigerator (this may take upwards of 1 day). Add thawed ingredients to your slow cooker, set to cook for 3 hours on high. Move on to “Final Steps” as written below.
Final Steps: Using tongs or forks, shred chicken. Add cubed cream cheese and shredded cheddar and stir until well-combined and cheese has melted. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and, using a spoon, fold into sauce until sauce thickens. Serve chicken in bowls and garnish with green onions.
Freezer Storage: To ensure ingredients are fresh and remain flavorful, cooking the frozen ingredients within 2-3 months is recommended.
From Frozen In Instant Pot: If your mixture froze in a manner that makes it challenging to close the lid of your Instant Pot, simply place the frozen mixture into the Instant Pot insert and, using the “Sauté” function, sauté the frozen mixture until it thaws and fits into the insert and the lid can properly fit into place.
Serving Options: Simply serve in a bowl “as is,” or atop steamed or roasted low-carb vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans! For an extra flavor and texture component, garnish bowls with crumbled bacon.
Storage For Cooked Creamy Ranch Chicken: Store the cooked meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
Keywords: keto creamy ranch chicken recipe, keto freezer meals, keto frozen meals, ranch chicken freezer meal