These Keto Chicken Shawarma Kebabs are so flavorful and delicious! Add a serving of tzatziki on the side for a perfect low-carb dinner with the family!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~544g)
- 2 tbsp (28g) olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/16 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley or dill
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes, about 1 inch x 1 inch pieces.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl or ziplock bag. Add the chicken to the marinade and make sure each piece is fully coated. If using a ziplock bag, place the chicken in the bag, squeeze out the air, seal, and massage until chicken is fully coated in marinade. Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight to let the flavors infuse.
- Thread marinated chicken breast on the metal skewers until you have 3 equal servings.
- Prepare tzatziki if you plan to serve chicken with a side sauce. Store tzatziki in the fridge covered with a lid or plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the kebabs on the tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Turn chicken halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow chicken to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving with tzatziki. Add a small salad to the side for an added meal component!
Chicken Breast Substitution: In this recipe, I use chicken breasts, but chicken thighs will also work. Simply thread the chicken thighs on to skewers and bake the same way. Cooking times may vary slightly so be sure the meat is cooked to 165 degrees.
Skewers: I prefer to use stainless steel skewers for this recipe. Be sure to not touch the skewers while they bake unless you are wearing oven mitts. You can also use wooden skewers for this recipe, but be sure to soak them in water first so they don’t burn during the cooking process.
Alternative Cooking Method: I created this recipe in the oven for an easy weeknight keto dinner but they’re also delicious on the grill.
Fridge Storage: I love these kebabs fresh from the oven but you can place the cooked meat in an airtight storage container and store in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-3 days.
Serving Options: Pair these kebabs with my favorite tzatziki and a small side salad.
Keywords: keto kebabs, chicken shawarma recipe, keto chicken shawarma, chicken kebabs