Fall is my favorite time of year. Between the temperatures cooling down, the leaves changing, the Packers season beginning, and EVERYTHING being pumpkin-related, I don’t know what part I like best!
So, the moment the calendar turned to September 1, I was immediately scarved, wearing boots, leggings, and trying to put pumpkin pie spice in legitimately every meal I was cooking (FYI: pumpkin + pizza, very unfortunately, don’t mix). Anyways…
What better way to bring in the new season than develop a new fat bomb recipe?! If you’ve been a Real Balanced blog follower for any period of time, you know how much I love a good fat bomb. They are a staple in our household!
Low-Carb, & Ketogenic Goodness
Any time I hear someone say that you shouldn’t eat a treat or dessert while following a low-carb and/or keto diet, I immediately know that person is not to be trusted.
I mean…… since a majority of those who eat this way have transitioned from calling this a “diet” to a “lifestyle,” I think it’s only fair that, at least at one point in our lives, WE’RE GONNA WANT SOMETHING SWEET. Amirite? So, no reason to be dogmatic and restrict yourselves or others (looking at u, keto police) from enjoying life and eating a well-deserved and delicious fat bomb. (If you’re looking for more of my fat bomb recipes, you can find them here!)
K, rant over! Apologies. Onward!
Real Food Ingredients
Developing recipes that use real, whole food ingredients is really important to me. A lot of the time, in low-carb store-bought desserts, you’ll find artificial sweeteners. That stuff is just downright awful for you. Sucralose, aspartame, etc. I don’t recommend consuming it, ever.
In this recipe, and in many of my fat bombs and low-carb desserts, I use my favorite calorie- and net-carb-free sweetener, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. My favorite is the golden monk fruit sweetener. It tastes like brown sugar and is SO GOOD. If you’re running low or if you’ve never tried it before, I highly, highly recommend it! You can purchase it here and use the code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your order!
With less than 1g net carb per fat bomb, you can have a Pumpkin Spice Fat Bomb (or two) completely guilt-free and remain in ketosis! Win, win!
I have included a nutrition label below the recipe for your reference, should you wanna see it.
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
Other Real Balanced Fat Bomb Recipes You Should Try
Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
With less than 1g net carbs per serving, these Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs are the ultimate keto treat! This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 fat bombs
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a small pan over medium heat, spray avocado oil cooking spray and toast pecans until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat, melt coconut oil and cream cheese until combined.
- Pour coconut oil and cream cheese mixture into medium-sized bowl and add pumpkin puree, monk fruit sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together using electric hand mixer.
- Scoop mixture into silicone mold, top with toasted pecans, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place silicone mold in freezer and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- Pop fat bombs out of silicone mold and enjoy!