When I first became interested in food and being in the kitchen, I baked Ryan and myself up some delicious savory Cheddar Jalapeño scones that were an instant hit. I re-made the recipe multiple times and even shared the final result with some family members who were equally as impressed by the flavors, especially all of those flavors being in scone-form (we loveeee baked goods in our family)!
I was determined to come up with a similar recipe that was not only gluten-free (the old recipe was made with whole wheat flour), but also low-carb! The result: these delicious goodies!
I have baked these Low-Carb Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Scones multiple times now and shared them with many people (most having no idea that they are grain-free or low-carb) and the feedback has been spectacular! I mean, I can’t exactly say I’m surprised by people liking them since, well hellllllo, BACON and CHEDDAR and JALAPEÑOS?! Basically all of the best ingredients jam-packed into a baked good. Can’t really go wrong with that! YUUUM!
With only 4.4g net carbs, you can enjoy a delicious, savory scone while still following a low-carb diet!
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, and refined-sugar-free.
Low-Carb Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Scones
Full of so much flavor and low-carb-friendly ingredients, these Low-Carb Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Scones are the perfect breakfast! With only 4.4g net carbs per serving, this recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, and refined-sugar-free!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 Scones
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly diced (de-seed for less spice)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy whipping cream. Mix in mozzarella and cheddar.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula or your hands, fold ingredients together until well-combined. Fold in crumbled bacon and jalapeños.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet and press dough into even circle.
- Using a knife, cut dough into 8 equal wedges, separating each piece from another.
- Bake scones for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes prior to serving (NOTE: it is important to allow them to cool before eating as the inner part of the scone will finish cooking during this time).