This Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a simple, nutrient-dense, and delicious side dish option that is low-carb, paleo, Whole30-compliant, and vegan!
Rice is one of the tastiest side dishes, but it can often be on the heavy-carb side. This recipe solves that problem by substituting cauliflower for traditional rice, making it the PERFECT low-carb side dish!
Completely keto and Whole30-compliant, this rice dish is full of nutrients that are often left out of traditional rice recipes.
You will LOVE this keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice!
Absolutely mouth-watering, this recipe puts a twist on the traditional stuff by incorporating waaaay more veggies and leaving out a lot of unnecessary carbs.
When used in a food processor, cauliflower is truly a great substitute for rice because it is so hard to tell the difference between it and regular rice! An entire cup of cauliflower only has 25 calories, whereas a cup of traditional rice can have upward of 240. You can’t possibly beat that swap!
Cauliflower is so nutrient-dense!
The benefits of cauliflower extend far beyond its low-calorie properties. The veggie is full of so many nutrients, that it makes adding it to your diet a no-brainer.
Cauliflower is a great source of fiber! A cup of cauliflower supplies 10% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) of fiber. On top of that, cauliflower also contains a ton of Vitamin C. One cup contains 77% of the RDI! Vitamin C is such an important nutrient, as it has great sickness-fighting properties and has been shown to be a great antioxidant for reducing the risk of cancer.
Cauliflower is also a great source of magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin K, which are all important nutrients for maintaining good health!
The best Whole30 Mexican Cauliflower Rice
If you are someone following a Whole30 diet and are really longing for a rice-type dish, this Mexican Cauliflower Rice is perfect for you! Filled with all of the benefits that vegetables offer, it is completely compliant with a Whole30 diet as it is free from gluten, grains, dairy, soy, MSG, and added sugar!
Looking for more low-carb Whole30 recipes? You can find a bunch of yummy ideas here!
Making this Mexican Cauliflower Rice is SO easy!
Chop cauliflower into florets.
Pulse cauliflower florets in food processor until riced. Set aside.
To a large pan over medium heat, add chopped jalapeño and minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
Add tomatoes and spices, stir, and saute for 3 minutes.
Add cauliflower rice, cover pan with lid, and saute until cauliflower softens, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
And, voilà! The final product!
Top with desired garnishes and serve! YUM!
This Mexican style Cauliflower Rice is compliant with SO many diets!
This dish is great for SO many types of diets and allergies.
- Low-Carb and Keto: One serving contains only 4.6 grams of net carbs, which all come from nutritious, nutrient-dense, and whole food ingredients!
- Nut-Free: This rice is nut-free and safe to consume for those with nut allergies or nut intolerances.
- Dairy-Free: This is a dairy-free keto recipe as it is made without any milk, cheese, or cream.
- Paleo: This easy rice recipe is compliant with a paleo diet as it is free from gluten, grains, soy, MSG, and refined sugar.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: This is a gluten-free recipe, as well as being free from grains, and is safe to consume for those with Celiac disease.
- Vegetarian: This is a vegetarian rice recipe.
- Vegan: This Mexican rice dish is completely vegan and uses no animal products.
- Refined-Sugar-Free: This dish does not use any sugar!
A delicious low-carb recipe
Substituting cauliflower for rice is a great way to keep the carb content low! This dish contains only 4.6 grams of net-carbs per serving, and the recipe yields approximately 6 side dish servings.
An easy, tasty, nutritious dish
This rice dish is full of nutritious ingredients and is low-carb, keto, dairy-free, paleo, Whole30-compliant, nut-free, egg-free, coconut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free!
Cauliflower dishes are so tasty and easy!
I absolutely love incorporating cauliflower into my diet, because the benefits are truly so great! Another one of my favorite cauliflower rice dishes is a yummy cilantro-lime version, which you can find here!
Looking for more low-carb recipes?
Find all Real Balanced keto and low-carb recipes here!
Looking for more free recipes?
This Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a flavorful low-carb and vegan side dish recipe! This cauliflower rice recipe is low-carb, keto, dairy-free, paleo, Whole30-compliant, nut-free, egg-free, coconut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free!
- 1 medium head cauliflower (~20 oz)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small jalapeño (~10g), finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 small roma tomatoes (~140g), diced
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small lime, cut into wedges, juiced
- 3/4 avocado (~150g), diced
- Chop cauliflower into florets and pulse florets in food processor until riced. Set aside.
- To a large pan over medium heat, add jalapeño and garlic and saute until fragrant. Add tomatoes and spices, stir, and saute for 3 minutes. Add cauliflower rice, cover pan with lid, and saute until cauliflower softens, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with desired garnishes and serve.
Keywords: cauliflower rice, mexican cauliflower rice, keto cauliflower rice, whole30 cauliflower rice