These Low-Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are the BEST way to enjoy chocolate AND get a serving of veggies in, too!
This recipe for healthy zucchini muffins is simple to prepare, decadently rich, and a great way to use up any extra zucchini you have in your kitchen!
If you love zucchini bread, you will LOVE these low carb triple chocolate zucchini muffins!
I have always lovvvvved enjoying a warm slice (or two) of zucchini bread with a slab of butter on top. I figured it was the best way to enjoy a baked good AND get my vegetables in (sounds like a win/win decision, right?!).
These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins put a deliciously fun spin on traditional zucchini bread by keeping them very low-carb and by adding CHOCOLATE! And lots of it!
With all of the flavor in each bite, you’d never believe that these healthy zucchini muffins contain a vegetable AND are a keto and low-carb dessert!
Healthy Low Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
What’s better than chocolate muffins? Double chocolate muffins. What’s better than double chocolate? TRIPLE CHOCOLATE!
This recipe is fullll of chocolate ingredients that make these zucchini muffins taste like such a decadent treat! In this recipe, we use Baker’s chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips!
Nut-Free Keto Low Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
These are nut-free zucchini muffins and are safe to consume for those with a nut allergy or nut intolerance.
If you are in search of more Real Balanced nut-free and low-carb recipes, you can find them here!
Monk Fruit-Sweetened Low Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
These zucchini muffins are sweetened with my favorite keto-friendly product, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. I use monk fruit sweetener in virtually all of my dessert, baked good, and fat bomb recipes as it is net-carb-free, calorie-free, and tastes just like sugar!
If you are unfamiliar with monk fruit sweetener, it is a great sugar substitute that is naturally-occurring, unlike many other calorie-free sweeteners like sucralose and aspartame.
The sweetness of monk fruit sweetener comes from mogrosides, a chemical compound, rather than fructose or sucrose, which is where the sweeteness in cane sugar stems from.
Monk fruit sweetener doesn’t spike blood sugar and is safe to consume for those with diabetes or candida. If you follow a low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet, monk fruit sweetener is a pantry-necessity!
If you are looking for a sweetener that is keto-friendly, vegan, and paleo-compliant, I highly recommend trying Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener! You can use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your total order!
Looking for more information on monk fruit sweetener? I wrote a post answering all of your most frequently asked questions.
Looking for more monk fruit-sweetened low-carb dessert recipes? Visit my compiled list of over 40 keto dessert recipes sweetened with monk fruit sweetener!
LAKANTO TASTE TEST BUNDLE
I am excited to share that I have partnered with Lakanto to share a Taste Test Bundle with you all! If you’ve been waiting to try monk fruit sweetener, now is the time to order!
Making these low carb triple chocolate zucchini muffins is so simple!
Here’s how to do it:
Measure out wet ingredients.
To a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix with electric mixer.
Add melted chocolate and mix with electric mixer.
Add grated zucchini and mix again.
Bake until toothpick can be poked into center of muffins and come out cleanly.
Diet-Friendly and Nut Allergy-Friendly Zucchini Muffins Recipe
These zucchini muffins are low-carb and are a great dessert option to bake up for those who follow a ketogenic diet and are nut-free!
- Low-Carb and Keto: One zucchini muffin contains only 4 grams of net carbs per serving!
- Nut-Free: These zucchini muffins are nut-free.
- Dairy-Free: These brownies can be made with coconut oil, rather than butter, thereby making them safe for those with a dairy allergy or lactose intolerance.
- Soy-Free: Unlike many other brands, the chocolate chips used in these zucchini muffins are free from soy.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: These are gluten-free chocolate zucchini muffins as they are free from gluten-containing ingredients as well as being free from grains. These zucchini muffins are also Celiac-friendly!
- Vegetarian: These are vegetarian zucchini muffins.
- Refined-Sugar-Free: This recipe for chocolate zucchini muffins are made without refined-sugar and are, instead, sweetened with monk fruit sweetener.
Net Carbs of Zucchini Muffins
One zucchini muffin contains only 4 grams of net carbs per serving! This recipe yields 12 muffins.
Diets This Low Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe Is Compliant With
These Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are low-carb, keto, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
Check keto dessert recipes for more low-carb and keto-friendly desserts
These Low-Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are a delicious keto-friendly baked good that are perfect for curbing your sweet tooth and your craving for chocolate! This recipe is low-carb, keto, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 4 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 6 oz zucchini
- 1 cup classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto brand products!)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 7 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.2 oz 100% Baker’s chocolate
- 5 oz unsalted butter or coconut oil for dairy-free
- 3 tbsp 100% cocoa chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Grate zucchini using a grater or pulse in food processor. Transfer grated zucchini to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix with electric mixer.
- Chop Bakers chocolate into slivers. Add chopped chocolate and butter (or coconut oil) to a small bowl and heat in microwave in 25-30 second increments until melted. Add melted chocolate to mixing bowl of mixed dry ingredients, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer, then add grated zucchini, and mix again. All ingredients should be well-incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners (the mixture will be quite thick). Add chocolate chips to top of muffin dough.
- Bake until toothpick can be poked into center of muffins and come out cleanly, about 18-20 minutes.
Keywords: keto zucchini, zucchini keto, keto chocolate, keto dessert, gluten-free zucchini muffins