These Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are a perfect keto-friendly baked good to enjoy for breakfast!
Low-Carb Banana Bread
I grew up eating my Mom’s banana bread and it was my absolute favorite weekend breakfast. Unfortunately, as I’ve grown older, I no longer tolerate carbs and sugar like I used to, so bananas and banana bread were a thing of the past.
I recently had a sudden craving for banana bread and got to thinking about how much I missed eating it, so I knew I needed to develop a low-carb variation of this recipe for you all!
These muffins are not only a delicious homage to the traditional banana bread I grew up eating, but I also added an extra layer of flavor… chocolate chips! Because what makes everything taste better?! CHOCOLATE.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips In Banana Bread Muffins
The chocolate chips used in this recipe are extremely allergy-friendly and contain only one simple ingredient: cacao. Unlike other chocolate chips on the market that contain soy lecithin, Pascha chocolate chips are free from soy and other emulsifiers. You can purchase Pascha Chocolate Chips on Amazon or check out their store locator to find a store near you that sells Pascha products.
(If you are looking for more recipes to use Pascha Chocolate Chips in, I suggest trying my Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins, No-Bake Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Fat Bomb Bars, and Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies!)
Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Are Nut-Free Keto Recipe
Like many of my recent easy keto recipes, these Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are free from any ingredients containing nuts and are safe to consume for those with a nut allergy or nut intolerance!
You can find more Real Balanced nut-free recipes here!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Sweetened With Monk Fruit Sweetener
These muffins are sweetened with my favorite net-carb-free and all-natural sweetener, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener, which is a necessary addition to your pantry if you follow a ketogenic diet and enjoy eating dessert! Monk fruit sweetener won’t spike your blood sugar, won’t kick you out of ketosis, and, the best part, tastes exactly like traditional sugar!
If you are looking for a sweetener that tastes like sugar and is low-carb, keto, and paleo-compliant, I highly recommend trying Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener! You can use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your total order!
Have questions about monk fruit sweetener? Read this post here!
LAKANTO TASTE TEST BUNDLE
I am also excited to share that I have partnered with Lakanto to share a Taste Test Bundle with you all! If you’ve been waiting to try monk fruit sweetener, now is the time to order! This deal includes classic monk fruit sweetener, golden monk fruit sweetener, a recipe e-Book, and Lakanto’s Taste Test Guarantee!
This Low-Cab Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Are Also Diet-Friendly And Nut Allergy-Friendly
These Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are a delicious breakfast baked good option to enjoy for those who follow a low-carb diet and for those who limit or altogether restrict their consumption of nuts.
- Keto and Low-Carb: One keto banana bread muffin contains only 2.6 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Nut-Free: This recipe is entirely nut-free as it uses coconut flour rather than almond flour, making these low-carb muffins safe to consume for those with a nut allergy or nut intolerance.
- Soy-Free: The chocolate chips used in this recipe are free from soy lecithin, an emulsifier that most other chocolate chip products on the market contain.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: This recipe is grain-free as well as being Celiac-friendly as it is gluten-free.
- Vegetarian: These keto muffins are compliant with a vegetarian diet.
- Refined-Sugar-Free: These muffins are refined-sugar-free as they are sweetened with monk fruit sweetener rather than traditional sugar.
Net Carbs In Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
One banana bread muffin contains 2.6 grams of net carbs per serving. This recipe yields 12 muffins.
Diets These Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Are Compliant With
These Low-Carb Banana Bread Muffins are low-carb, keto, nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
You can find more Real Balanced dessert recipes here!Print
These Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are a perfect keto-friendly baked good to enjoy for breakfast! This recipe is low-carb, keto, nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 2.6 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp banana extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with 12 muffin liners.
- To a mixing bowl, add eggs, monk fruit sweetener, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, banana extract, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. To mixing bowl, add melted butter and coconut flour. Mix with electric mixer until fully incorporated. Fold almost all chocolate chips in to dough, saving some to top muffins with. Spoon dough into individual muffin liners. Top muffin dough with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake until muffin tops are slightly golden, about 23-25 minutes.
Keywords: keto muffin, low-carb muffin, chocolate chip muffin, banana bread, keto banana bread, vegetarian keto, keto baked good, low-carb baked good, keto breakfast, low-carb breakfast, nut-free keto, nut-free keto banana bread