Calling all pizza lovers! It’s time to change the classic pizza game and create a keto-friendly version that’s packed with that familiar cheesy and saucy goodness!
For this version, I am showing you how to create MEATZA! Get ready for your new favorite low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free pizza! You are going to absolutely love this meatza recipe!
If you like pizza, you will LOVE meatza
This keto meatza contains the BEST combination of ingredients. Some of the tasty ingredients include ground pork, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese! In addition, spices like oregano, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and classic salt and pepper come together to make this dish extra flavorful. I love this combination of ingredients because many are high in nutrients!
- Mozzarella Cheese: I have some great news to share. CHEESE is full of benefits. Seriously! It is great for more than just a calcium source. Mozzarella cheese is awesome for a number of reasons. The first? It contains a high level of phosphorus, a surprisingly important proponent of bone health. Second, mozzarella is a great source of potassium and iron!
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are PACKED with nutrients. Surprisingly, they are actually one of the healthiest foods on earth! Mushrooms are full of antioxidants as well as B vitamins, potassium, copper, and Vitamin D! They help boost the immune system, improve digestion, aid in weight loss, and lower cholesterol! Who knew?!
- Red Pepper Flakes: Using spices is a completely effortless way to sneak in additional nutrients! Pepper flakes are AWESOME because they are full of benefits. This mighty spice is responsible for lowering blood pressure, boosting metabolism, relieving pain, and reducing the risk of cancer!
There is something about this meatza that is SO absolutely mouth watering. The flavor is UNREAL, and I guarantee you will find yourself reaching for seconds. A pizza that is full of nutrients AND flavor is definitely a winning pizza to me!
A delicious low-carb pizza dish
Just like ALL of the recipes on Real Balanced, this keto
To keep this pizza extra low in carbs, the traditional bread crust is substituted for a thin layer of ground pork! It creates a total mouth watering element and is a meat-lover’s pizza dream come true! This meatza recipe is one of my favorite low-carb creations yet. I am totally confident that you will love it too!
The BEST keto meatza EVER
Your friends and family will LOVE this keto meatza just as much as you! Each recipe yields 4 slices so it’s perfect to make for a party or family dinner!
To top things off (no pizza pun intended ?), this recipe is COMPLETE in less than 40 minutes! 20 minutes of prep time is required, followed by 18 minutes in the oven. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this EASY (and tasty!) meal.
This keto meatza recipe is SO easy to make!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare your ingredients.
To a mixing bowl, add ground pork, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper…
…and mix them together until well-combined.
Rip off two even-sized pieces of parchment paper and transfer ground pork mixture on top of one piece of parchment paper.
Then place the other piece of parchment paper atop the meat.
Using a rolling pin, roll meat until it is an even layer.
Remove and discard the top piece of parchment paper before, using hands, forming meat into a rectangle.
Carefully slide a baking sheet beneath parchment paper and transfer baking sheet to oven to bake for 10 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking time.
Remove pan from oven and carefully pour grease from baking sheet into a can or jar to discard. Using paper towels, blot excess grease off of meat.
Scoop and spread tomato sauce into even layer atop meat crust.
Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded mozzarella atop tomato sauce.
Top with chopped mushrooms, grated parmesan…
and dried oregano…
before sprinkling remaining ¼ cup shredded mozzarella atop.
Return baking sheet to oven and bake until shredded mozzarella is melted, bubbly and golden. Then remove from oven, allow meatza to cool slightly before cutting into pieces.
Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and if preferred, garnish it with fresh oregano. Enjoy!
Compliant with over 9 diets!
Check out the many diets this meatza complies with! It is perfect for so many lifestyles!
- Keto and Low Carb: With only 4.1 grams of net carbs per serving, this
meatzapizza is PERFECT for keto-ers!
- Primal: This recipe follows primal diet restrictions.
- Gluten-Free: Free of wheat, barley, rye, and all other gluten products, this recipe is completely safe to consume for those with Celiac and other gluten intolerances.
- Grain-Free: Grain products are not included in this recipe.
- Nut-Free: Free of peanuts and tree nuts, this dish is safe to consume for those with nut allergies and intolerances.
- Egg-Free: This
meatzarecipe does not require the use of eggs.
- Coconut-Free: There are no coconut products used within this recipe.
- Sugar-Free: This keto
meatzadoes not require the use of any added sugar or sweeteners.
CRAVING SOME ADDITIONAL KETO MAIN DISH MEALS?
There are more delicious low carb and keto ideas where this keto meatza came from! Check out these awesome recipes.
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- Keto BLT Dip
- Low-Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- Keto Zuppa Toscana
- Keto Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- Keto Lasagna In A Bowl
Looking for more free recipes?
Are you are on the search for the best keto pizza recipes? Have you heard of keto meatza pizza? If you love pizza and are following a ketogenic diet you are going to love my keto meatza!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup (62g) pizza sauce
- ½ cup (56g) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 oz white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (22g) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp de-stemmed fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To a mixing bowl, add ground pork, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and mix together until well-combined.
- Rip off two even-sized pieces of parchment paper and transfer ground pork mixture to top of one piece of parchment paper and place other piece of parchment paper atop meat. Using a rolling pin, roll meat until it is an even layer. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment paper before, using hands, forming meat into a rectangle. Carefully slide a baking sheet beneath parchment paper and transfer baking sheet to oven to bake for 10 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking time.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour grease from baking sheet into a can or jar to discard. Using paper towels, blot excess grease off of meat.
- Scoop and spread tomato sauce into even layer atop meat crust. Sprinkle ¼ cup (28g) shredded mozzarella atop tomato sauce. Top with chopped mushrooms, grated parmesan, and dried oregano before sprinkling remaining ¼ cup (28g) shredded mozzarella atop. Return baking sheet to oven and bake until shredded mozzarella is melted, about 7-10 minutes, before turning oven broiler on and broiling until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 1 additional minute.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow pizza to cool slightly before cutting into slices. Serve with sprinkle of fresh oregano on top.
Pork Substitution: Ground beef works perfectly in place of ground pork in this recipe.
Pizza Sauce: Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce has a low carb content and tastes delicious! You can likely find it in your local grocery store, otherwise it is available for sale on Amazon.
Dairy Substitution: You can altogether omit the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses from this recipe, but note that the toppings may not stick very well to the crust.
Vegetable Topping Substitutions: We love to play around with the veggie toppings! In place of mushrooms, you could use chopped green peppers or red onions!
Keywords: meatza, meatza pizza, meatza recipe, meatza keto, keto meatza, meatza paleo