I am sharing this post in partnership with Lakanto. As always, all opinions are my own. I appreciate you supporting both me and the brands that allow me to create quality content for you!
Are you ready for the EASIEST fat bomb recipe EVER?! When I say easy, I mean 3-ingredient fat bombs eaaaasy. This fat bomb recipe is SO simple to make and are super delicious!
This keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, primal fat bomb recipe is made with cream cheese, No-Sugar-Added SunButter, and Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. That’s IT!
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are delicious little treats that have SO many awesome benefits. These are perfect for keto because they’re typically low in carbs and high in fat!
- A health dose of fat: Often made with coconut oil, heavy cream, or other high-fat ingredients, fat bombs supply the body with a healthy serving of fats. They’re great for helping you to increase your dietary fat consumption, which is essential to a sustainable keto diet!
- Boost of energy: The ingredients in fat bombs make them AWESOME for giving you a quick boost of long-lasting energy. Use them as an afternoon pick-me-up or pre-gym snack! You will not experience a “sugar crash” or lethargy.
- On-the-go treat: Fat bombs are small and mighty and PERFECT for taking on-the-go! I always keep a few with me when I know I’m going to be away for a few hours. They’re perfect little snacks that keep me full until my next meal!
- Satiate cravings: Fat bombs come in all sorts of flavors. They can be chocolatey, savory, fruity… you name it. No matter which you prefer, they are all PERFECT for satisfying cravings, especially sweet ones!
Keto fat bombs made with Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
If it weren’t for Lakanto, my fat bombs would NOT be possible! This ingredient is AWESOME for keto desserts because monk fruit sweetener adds a little somethin’ sweet without increasing the net carb content whatsoever!
For these fat bombs, I use Lakanto’s Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener. If you have the Classic on hand, that will work too! This sweetener is SO GOOD and tastes exactly like traditional sugar. Most people literally cannot taste the difference! It’s net calorie-free, GMO-free, all-natural, AND low-glycemic. It won’t spike your blood sugar or kick you out of ketosis!
Carbs in monk fruit sweetener
If you’re unsure how many grams of net carbs is in a serving of monk fruit sweetener, it’s ZERO! How? Lakanto’s granulated monk fruit sweetener is a blend of monk fruit sweetener and erythritol, a sugar alcohol that tastes sweet, yet our bodies do not recognize as sugar, and therefore cannot metabolize.
You will notice on the nutrition label of your Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener that a serving contains 4g of total carbs and 4g of sugar alcohol. Subtract sugar alcohol from total carbs, and you get 0g net carbs per serving!
Learn more about Lakanto and grab your monk fruit sweetener for 20% off. Just use code “REALBALANCED” at checkout!
Also, as an added note, I definitely recommend trying this sweetener in ALL of your dessert recipes. It incorporates at a 1:1 ratio to traditional sugar, so the swap is almost TOO easy! Try my Chai Latte Fat Bombs or my Nut-Free Keto Cheesecake, both of which feature Lakanto’s monk fruit sweetener!
Fat bombs free of tree nuts and peanuts
One of the three ingredients in these fat bombs is SunButter. Now if you are familiar with my blog, you probably know that I LOVE No-Sugar-Added SunButter! Free of the top ten allergens, it’s perfect for those with allergies. It’s my go-to whenever I need a nut butter-esque spread!
However, I know there are some loyal peanut butter and almond butter lovers out there, so I want to cover this aspect! If you are interested in swapping out SunButter, that will work perfectly here! Utilizing a 1:1 ratio, you can use your favorite nut butter to create the perfect 3-ingredient fat bombs.
Tools for creating fat bombs
When you make fat bombs, there are a few tools that make the process a lot simpler and faster! I definitely recommend having these supplies on hand before diving into creating fat bombs.
- Electric Mixer: You definitely need an electric mixer (also referred to as a hand mixer) on hand when creating fat bombs! An electric mixer will make the process SO much easier and it will help you achieve the required mixture consistency.
- Silicone Mold: Silicone molds are perfect for shaping your fat bombs. They help keep the mixture in tact, as using your hands can cause the ingredients to soften and lose their consistency. For this recipe, I used these silicone molds.
- Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are great for tough, thick mixtures, especially those that involve nut butters! Because of their flexibility, I recommend keeping a rubber spatula handy.
- Airtight Storage Containers: If you plan to store any fat bombs, use an airtight container to maintain freshness and great taste! This particular recipe requires that you freeze the fat bombs (they will become too soft if you solely refrigerate them). When stored int he freezer, they will remain fresh for 2 months. Be sure to let them thaw before enjoying!
These 3-ingredient fat bombs are a breeze to make!
We’ll start with gathering our 3 ingredients: SunButter, golden monk fruit sweetener, and softened cream cheese.
In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until whipped.
To the same bowl, add SunButter and monk fruit sweetener.
Mix again on highest mixer speed until thoroughly incorporated.
Cover mixing bowl with lid or plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Remove mixing bowl from refrigerator and scoop and flatten mixture into silicone mold cavities, leveling off the tops with a rubber spatula. Transfer fat bombs to freezer to chill for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
One-by-one, pop individual fat bombs out from silicone mold cavities. You can eat 1-2 fat bombs for a keto-friendly dessert or as a pick-me-up snack for when you’re feeling hunger pangs. Store the rest of the fat bombs in an airtight container and keep frozen.
Diets that align with 3-ingredient fat bombs
With only three ingredients, these fat bombs comply with a wide array of diets! Check the list below to see if yours is included.
- Keto and Low-Carb: With only 0.6 net carbs per serving, these delicious 3 ingredient fat bombs are totally keto-compliant!
- Primal: This fat bomb recipe follows primal diet guidelines.
- Gluten-Free: These cream cheese fat bombs are free of all gluten-containing products and are safe to consume for those with Celiac and other gluten intolerances.
- Grain-Free: 3-ingredient fat bombs do not contain any grain products.
- Nut-Free: As with all Real Balanced recipes, these fat bombs are free of peanuts and tree nuts.
- Coconut-Free: Coconut products are not used within this recipe.
- Egg-Free: This recipe does not require the use of eggs.
- Vegetarian: Completely free of meat, these keto fat bombs are perfect for vegetarians!
- Refined Sugar-Free: This recipe uses monk fruit sweetener, meaning it’s totally free of granulated sugar.
Fat Bomb FAQs
- What time commitment is required? These particular fat bombs require 30 minutes of actual prep time and 2 hours of chilling. If you plan to double or triple the recipe, the prep time will be slightly longer.
- Can I eat multiple fat bombs at once? I recommend 1-2 fat bombs per day. This amount will most likely allow you to satiate your cravings while remaining in ketosis!
- How long does one batch usually last? This recipe yields 24 fat bombs. Depending on how many people will be consuming the fat bombs, you can determine how long they should last! For large gatherings or big families, you may consider doubling the recipe.
Looking for more free recipes?
Are you looking for a delicious easy keto snack? Keto fat bombs are one of the easiest keto snack or keto dessert you can make! AND I have made it even easier! These keto fat bombs only have 3 ingredients!
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until whipped. Add SunButter and monk fruit sweetener and mix again on highest mixer speed until thoroughly incorporated. Cover mixing bowl with lid or plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove mixing bowl from refrigerator and scoop and flatten mixture into silicone mold cavities, leveling off the tops with a rubber spatula. Transfer fat bombs to freezer to chill for additional 1 hour, 30 minutes.
Weight of Each Fat Bomb: Each fat bomb weighs between 22g-23g.
Dairy Substitution: This recipe can be made dairy-free and vegan by substituting canned coconut cream for cream cheese at a 1:1 ratio. Note that the nutrition facts will change if you do this.
SunButter Substitution: If you do not have a nut allergy or intolerance, you can substitute in unsweetened almond butter or peanut butter for SunButter at a 1:1 ratio. Note that the nutrition facts will change if you do this.
Silicone Mold: You can purchase the exact silicone mold that I use in this recipe on Amazon. Otherwise, you should be able to find similar 24-cavity silicone molds at your local kitchen supply store.
Storage: Store fat bombs in an airtight container in the freezer and eat within 2 months. When you’re ready to eat one, pop it out of the freezer and allow it to thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
Keywords: peanut butter fat bombs, cream cheese fat bombs, keto fat bombs, chesecake fat bombs, fat bombs recipes, what are fat bombs
This is a sponsored post written by Sara Nelson on behalf of Lakanto.