Chocolatey and sweet fat bombs. As their name suggests, they taste just like a piece of fudge, but without the refined sugar.
Fat bombs have become a staple snack in our house. We tend to eat a higher fat and lower carb diet due in part to the satiating effect of fat, but mostly due to the fact that fat just plain tastes REALLY GOOD. Plus, as I discussed in my post for my Lemon Bar Fat Bombs recipe, saturated fat is now being widely accepted as being part of a healthy diet. So, say a big “helllllooo” and “I love you” to that coconut oil of yours!
Why Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are high-fat bites of goodness that are perfect for your low-carb/ketogenic diet! Whether you just need a small snack to keep you satiated between meals or if you have a craving for sweets, fat bombs are gonna be your new best friend! We always have some on hand to enjoy as a post-dinner treat!
Looking for more fat bomb recipes? Find them here!
In this recipe, I use either powdered stevia or monk fruit sweetener for sweetness and think both taste delicious!
Stevia is a sweetener that is derived from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana. It contains 0 calories, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and rates at a 0 on the glycemic index, making it a safe option for diabetics.
NOTE: For this recipe, I use this brand of stevia, which is VERY POTENT. A little bit goes a very long way. So, if you choose to use stevia but use a different brand, you will likely need to add more.
Monk Fruit Sweetener
Monk fruit sweetener, like that of stevia, contains 0 calories, 0 grams of net carbohydrates, and rates at a 0 on the glycemic index, making it another safe option for diabetics. Monk fruit is grown in south Asia and has been used as a natural sweetener for centuries.
Personally, I prefer the flavor and texture of monk fruit sweetener as it is very similar to that of traditional sugar. Some people find the flavor of stevia to be a bit harsh so, if you’re in that category, I recommend giving monk fruit sweetener a try!
I use and recommend Lakanto brand monk fruit sweetener. You can use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your order!
Each fat bomb is only 1.6g net carbs per serving! You can enjoy one (…or two) and remain in ketosis!
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and refined-sugar-free.
Other Fat Bomb Recipes You Should Try
Lemon Bar Fat Bombs
Blueberry Bliss Fat Bombs
Key Lime Pie Fat Bombs
Strawberries & Cream Fat Bombs
PBJ Fat Bombs
Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
Berries & Cream Fat Bombs
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Fat Bombs
Fudge Fat Bombs
These Fudge Fat Bombs are the ultimate ketogenic dessert! This recipe is keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, & refined-sugar-free!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Yield: Approximately 30 fat bombs, depending on size
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia (see note below) OR 1-2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, depending on sweetness preference (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto brand products!)
- 1/16 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Over medium heat in a small pot, melt and combine almond butter and coconut oil.
- In the same pot, add dried ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into bowl and place in freezer for 40-45 minutes OR pour into silicone mold (if you choose to use a silicone mold, skip steps #4 and #5 and just allow the fat bombs to solidify in freezer, about 2 hours).
- Once solidified, remove bowl from freezer and form into balls. Tip: regularly wash hands under cold water and wipe with dry paper towel to avoid coconut oil melting in hands.
- Place formed balls on a flat tray or plate and return to freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat up!
If you use stevia and use a brand that is different than the one I have linked here, you may need to add more. The brand of stevia that I use in this recipe is VERY potent and a little bit goes a very long way!)
Store fat bombs in airtight container in the freezer. When you want one, pop one out, allow to thaw for a few minutes, and eat up!
56b910579fb3b91315a569/1505952848072/fudge-fat-bombs.pngfudge-fat-bombs?format=original” alt=”Fudge Fat Bombs: keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, & refined-sugar-free!” />