Who is up for a yummy chicken wing recipe? This time, I’m teaching you how to cook up DELICIOUS, low carb lemon pepper chicken wings!
Wings are ALWAYS a fan favorite, and these are no different. This tasty rendition utilizes lemon juice and a dose of pepper to give these wings a zesty lemon pepper flavor! Absolutely delicious, these wings are tasty enough to use an appetizer or a MAIN course!
After all, who DOESN’T like wings, right?!
Tasty keto chicken wings
Not only are these wings SUPER tasty, they’re also incredibly easy to make! These wings only require FIVE ingredients, making them a quick and easy appetizer to whip up.
To give these chicken wings their tangy flavor, this recipe calls for lemon juice. Did you know that lemon juice actually has a ton of benefits? Because lemon juice is a good source of Vitamin C, it is beneficial to skin quality! It is proven that Vitamin C can help to improve the skin by increasing collagen synthesis and helping to limit skin damage. In addition to being great for supporting a youthful glow, lemon juice also supports digestion, aids in weight loss, and helps to prevent kidney stones! It sounds like lemon juice is an all around awesome thing, huh?
Like lemon juice, avocado oil is a surprisingly beneficial substance! Great to use in cooking (or marinating!) avocado oil works to reduce cholesterol, improving heart health! It is also great for the eyes, as it contains lutein, a nutrient naturally occurring in our eyes. Lastly, avocado oil helps our body to absorb nutrients and antioxidants, which can help to prevent sickness!
I LOVE when dishes are not only delicious, but also great sources of nutrients. This keto lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is GREAT because the ingredients contain so many benefits!
Keto lemon pepper chicken wings
Like all of my recipes, these chicken wings are low carb in order to accommodate a ketogenic diet! There is no breading required, so each serving contains only 1.3 grams of net carbs! With the amount of tasty goodness in each wing, it is hard to believe that they’re actually keto-friendly!
When it comes to making these bad boys, prep time is SUPER quick, only requiring ten minutes. Simply throw everything into a freezer bag and spread the marinade (consisting of lemon juice, pepper, avocado oil, and salt) evenly over the wings! After that, they need to sit in the fridge for at least four hours in order for the marinade to really sink in. If it makes it easier, pop these in the fridge to marinate the night before, or the morning of preparation! After the wings have marinated, take them out and bake them for 30 minutes. Voilà! It’s that easy!
The perfect game day keto appetizer
When it comes to game day, my household ALWAYS participates (go pack go!). Huge sports fans, we love to make the day festive and fun by preparing different appetizers and low carb dishes to enjoy alongside our friends and family!
This particular recipe is great to quickly whip on game day because it is a PERFECT freezer meal! When you have time, throw the recipe together and store it in your freezer for when the big day rolls around. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply pop it in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, and you’re ready to go!
Whether we are hosting a party or attending a tailgate, tasty, zesty appetizers are ALWAYS the fan favorite. These AMAZING lemon pepper chicken wings are no different. Try them out next time you gather with friends, whether it be for sports, or just plain ol’ fun!
Check out how to make lemon pepper chicken wings
Prepare raw chicken wings.
Add chicken wings to large plastic storage bag. Juice lemon(s) to yield 1/2 cup lemon juice.
Add the lemon juice, avocado oil, pepper, and salt to plastic storage bag.
Seal storage bag and use hands to move marinade around and fully coat chicken wings in oil, lemon juice, and spices. Transfer storage bag to refrigerator and marinate chicken wings for 4 hours.
Place wings on baking rack, skin-side up.
Bake until wings are cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 30 minutes.
Remove wings from oven, allow to slightly cool, and serve with garnish of chopped fresh parsley.
Compliant with SO many diets
This easy lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is incredible and totally compliant with A LOT of diets! Whether you follow a keto, gluten-free, or paleo diet, or simply want to stay away from dairy, these chicken wings are great for you!
- Keto and Low Carb: With only 1.3 grams of net carbs per serving, these lemon pepper chicken wings are perfect for a ketogenic diet!
- Whole30: This recipe is great for the Whole30 diet!
- Paleo: These keto lemon pepper chicken wings are compliant with paleo diet restrictions.
- Gluten Free: These wings are free of wheat, barley, rye, and all other gluten-containing foods.
- Gain Free: There are no grain-containing products within this recipe.
- Dairy Free: These wings are free of all dairy products!
- Egg Free: Eggs are not used in this recipe.
- Nut Free: Free of peanuts and tree nuts, these chicken wings are great for those with nut allergies or intolerances.
- Coconut Free: There are no coconut products used within this recipe.
Sugar Free: This recipe does not contain sugar or sweeteners.
Looking for more Real Balanced dinner meals?
There are a BUNCH of additional dinner meal ideas where this one came from! Whether you are preparing for game day or just want to munch on a mini-meal, these recipes are the PERFECT answers!
Looking for more free recipes?
Do you love chicken wings? How about lemon pepper wings baked to perfection? These lemon pepper keto chicken wings are the perfect appetizer or keto dinner recipe for anyone following a ketogenic diet or low carb diet!
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup (120mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30mL) avocado oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- To a large plastic storage bag, add chicken wings, lemon juice, avocado oil, pepper, and salt. Seal storage bag and use hands to move marinade around and fully coat chicken wings in oil, lemon juice, and spices. Transfer storage bag of chicken wings to the refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours.
- After marinated, preheat oven to 425 degrees and place baking rack atop a foil-lined baking sheet. Transfer wings from storage bag to prepared baking rack, skin-side up, and bake until wings are cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- Remove wings from the oven, allow to slightly cool, and serve with chopped fresh parsley.
Keywords: lemon pepper chicken wings, how to make lemon pepper chicken wings, keto lemon pepper chicken wings, easy lemon pepper chicken wings recipe, lemon pepper seasoning chicken wings
Photo credit: Jess Larson