A tasty, low carb spin on the Starbucks version, this Keto Cinnamon Dolce Latte is low carb, keto-compliant, and absolutely delicious!
I think it it’s pretty safe to say that there are few things cozier than lounging under a pile of blankets, watching Netflix with a warm beverage in hand. Sometimes life calls for days where this is the sole activity, and it’s great to sprinkle a sweet treat in there too!
Autumn into winter is my favorite time of year to spend my days like this. For times like these, I love making this Keto Cinnamon Dolce Latte. The cinnamon flavors are great for the season and make the cold a bit more bearable! Plus, this recipe has the PERFECT dose of deliciousness to make any day complete!
Starbucks Copycat Recipe
If you are a Starbucks lover, you have probably tried (or at least heard of) their Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Made with steamed milk, cinnamon dolce flavored syrup, sweetened whipped cream, and a cinnamon dolce topping, this drink is absolutely delicious. Like seriously, VERY delicious.
However, though it is tasty, it is not so great for those who follow certain diet regimens. The combination of ingredients and sweet flavorings in their recipe for a grande latte amount to a whopping 44 grams of carbs, making it altogether not an option for those who, like me, follow a ketogenic diet.
To allow us keto-ers to enjoy in the indulgence that is cinnamon dolce lattes, I have created this Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe that is JUST as good as the original, with WAY less carbs!
Full of yummy ingredients
I am absolutely in love with this drink right now. One of the things that makes this recipe so great is that it only contains six different ingredients, and one is water! Seriously, that is it!
The flavor and tastiness of this AHHH-MAZING drink comes together with a careful selection of ingredients that include heavy whipping cream, Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener (of course!), vanilla extract, cinnamon, filtered water, and espresso powder!
Sounds simple enough, right?! Well, it is! AND, to top it all off, this recipe only takes 10 minutes to make. Everyone has 10 minutes, especially when it involves a yummy ‘Bucks-esq latte, right?! Five minutes of prep time, plus five minutes of cook (fridge chill and boil) time, and bam! Your Keto Cinnamon Dolce Latte is ready to enjoy.
Keto Latte Recipe
I mentioned above that this recipe calls for Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. By using this sweetener, the carb content is able to be kept low, making this recipe perfect for keto dieters!
Monk Fruit Sweetener is SO simple to use. I absolutely love it. It tastes no different than traditional sugar, and it can be swapped into literally ANY recipe that calls for sugar, using a 1:1 ratio. I am able to use it in so many different ways, and it allows me to enjoy sweet treats alllll the time!
Though espresso does contain carbs (remember this when making coffee beverages!), because I use Monk Fruit Sweetener in this recipe, an entire serving of this delicious drink only contains 5.1 grams of net carbs. That is way lower than the Starbucks version, that’s for sure!
Low Carb Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Though the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe is SO yummy, it just doesn’t always make sense for certain people. It is definitely not bad to enjoy from time to time, but it doesn’t work if you are trying to remain in ketosis, or simply follow a low carb diet. I am so excited to have put this recipe together to be enjoyed by those who follow a bunch of different diet types!
This recipe yields two servings, so it is perfect to make for you and a friend, or it can be easily doubled or tripled if you’re entertaining a group!
Bias aside, this is hands down one of the BEST Starbucks copycat drink recipes out there. Trust me, try it and I’m sure you will agree!
How to make a Cinnamon Dolce Latte like Starbucks – It’s SO easy!
To a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, mix ¼ cup heavy cream and 4 tsp monk fruit sweetener until whipped cream is formed.
Cover bowl of whipped cream with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
To a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, add remaining ½ cup heavy cream, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Then add the remaining 4 tsp monk fruit sweetener.
Whisk until well combined and then microwave until mixture begins to bubble, about 90 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave, stir, and return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
To a small pot, bring water to boil. Remove pot from heat, add espresso powder, and stir. Slowly, while stirring espresso, pour cream mixture into pot of espresso.
Pour mixture into coffee mug, top with chilled whipping cream, and enjoy!
This latte is great and compliant with many strict diets
Even if you follow a keto, low carb, vegetarian, or even primal diet, this recipe is great for you! It is compliant with many types of diets and lifestyles.
- Keto and Low Carb: Containing only 5.1 grams of net carbs per serving, this recipe is low carb as well as keto compliant.
- Primal: This keto cinnamon dolce latte recipe follows primal diet restrictions.
- Egg Free: Eggs are not used within this recipe.
- Nut Free: This latte is nut-free, meaning it is safe to consume for those with nut allergies and intolerances.
- Coconut Free: Coconut products are not used for this dolce latte.
- Vegetarian: This recipe does not contain meat or meat products.
- Refined Sugar Free: This recipe uses Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener, meaning it is refined sugar free.
Looking for more deliciously sweet low carb recipes from Real Balanced?
You know how much I love sweets and how I looove coming up with fun, tasty treat ideas for everyone to enjoy! Check out these delicious recipes that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Keto Coffee Cake (to enjoy alongside your Keto Cinnamon Dolce Latte, perhaps?!)
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chocolate Bar Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake
Looking for more free recipes?
To allow us keto-ers to enjoy in the indulgence that is the cinnamon dolce latte, I have created this Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte that is JUST as good, with WAY less carbs!
- To a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, mix ¼ cup heavy cream and 4 tsp monk fruit sweetener until whipped cream is formed*. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- To a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, add remaining ½ cup heavy cream, remaining 4 tsp monk fruit sweetener, vanilla extract, and cinnamon and whisk until well-combined. Microwave until mixture begins to bubble, about 90 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave, stir, and return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- To a small pot, bring water to boil. Remove pot from heat, add espresso powder, and stir. Slowly, while stirring espresso, pour cream mixture into pot of espresso.
- Pour mixture into coffee mug, top with chilled whipping cream, and enjoy!
* Tipping the bowl so all of the cream is on one side of the bowl will make mixing with the electric mixer much easier.
Keywords: keto cinnamon dolce latte, cinnamon dolce latte, latte, low carb latte, starbucks cinnamon dolce latte recipe, low carb starbucks drink recipe
Photo credit: Jess Larson