This keto-friendly bulletproof peppermint mocha recipe is perfect for a chilly day! Ready in just 10 minutes, this delicious and festive drink is full of flavor and low in carbs. This recipe is nut-free, coconut-free and egg-free, too, so if you’re looking for an allergy-friendly Starbucks copycat recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
This peppermint mocha is one of my favorite drinks to make because it tastes just like the Starbucks version, yet contains a fraction of the carb content!
It’s simple to make, only requires 6 ingredients, and is perfect for a midday pick-me-up!
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are so many recipes that I have made over the years to replace the food and drinks I grew up enjoying! This peppermint mocha recipe is exactly that!
Unlike the traditional drink, this one is made with low-carb and sugar-free ingredients. The resulting drink tastes just like the “real thing,” yet won’t kick you out of ketosis!
Ingredients needed to make homemade keto peppermint mochas
- Classic Monk Fruit Sweetener: This is my favorite keto-friendly sweetener! Get 20% OFF your Lakanto orders with code REALBALANCED.
- MCT Oil Powder: The key to making this drink as energizing and satiating as possible? MCT Oil Powder! I have been adding a scoop of this exact product to my morning coffee for years. Get 15% OFF your Perfect Keto orders with code REALBALANCED.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Can’t have a mocha drink without chocolate!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This dairy product contains a low amount of carbs in comparison to half-and-half or milk, which makes it a perfect addition to keto coffees.
- Brewed Hot Coffee: The key ingredient in this bulletproof mocha recipe! We personally love this brand of coffee. It’s caffeine-packed!
- Collagen Powder: With so many benefits, I always incorporate collagen into my morning coffee routine. You can read more about why I include collagen in my diet.
- Peppermint Extract: This is where the peppermint flavor will come from!
Keto peppermint mocha recipe FAQS
To ensure you can make this peppermint mocha bulletproof coffee recipe successfully every time, read through these FAQs before you make this drink.
Is this a keto copycat Starbucks peppermint mocha?
Yes! A grande peppermint mocha from Starbucks contains 63 grams of carbs, but this version contains only 4.8 grams of net carbs per serving!
How many net carbs per serving?
Per serving, this mocha drink contains 4.8 grams of net carbs. Net carbs are calculated by taking total carbs, subtracting fiber, and subtracting sugar alcohols.
How many servings in this recipe?
This recipe will yield 2 servings. To make 4 servings in one batch, simply double the recipe. To make a single serving, cut each ingredient by half.
How to make this drink without peppermint?
You can simply omit the peppermint extract in this recipe if you don’t want it. Alternatively, you can add a different flavoring, like chocolate extract or even raspberry extract or strawberry extract!
How to make this bulletproof coffee without collagen?
You can altogether omit the collagen powder from this drink if you do not want to use it; however, note that blending the collagen into the drink helps to ensure it is frothy and creamy.
How to store this keto drink?
This is a recipe that is best enjoyed hot and fresh; however, if you’d like to prepare a few batches in advance, store the blended drink in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator and drink within 3 days. To re-heat, pour prepared drink into a small pot and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, whisking regularly.
Step-by-step instructions on how to make this copycat Starbucks peppermint mocha recipe
Pour hot coffee into a blender.
Simmer heavy cream on stove-top until bubbling. Transfer to blender.
Add unsweetened cocoa powder.
Add classic monk fruit sweetener and collagen powder.
Pour in vanilla extract.
Blend all ingredients in blender until well-combined.
Sprinkle a dash of unsweetened cocoa powder on top, serve, and enjoy!
This bulletproof peppermint mocha is compliant with many diets
Whether you follow a primal or keto diet, want to keep your carbs low or maintain a nut-free or egg-free lifestyle, this copycat keto Starbucks peppermint mocha is perfect for you!
- Keto and Low-Carb: Each serving of this drink contains only 4.8 grams of net carbs.
- Primal: This bulletproof peppermint mocha is compliant with a primal diet.
- Egg-Free: Eggs are not used to make this peppermint mocha.
- Nut-Free: There are no nuts or nut products in this Starbucks peppermint mocha recipe, making it perfect for those with nut allergies and intolerances.
- Coconut-Free: Coconut products are not included in this drink recipe.
- Refined Sugar-Free: Due to the use of monk fruit sweetener, this recipe is refined sugar-free.
Looking for more yummy Real Balanced drink ideas?
If you want to try more keto-friendly beverages, you’ll love these:
- Keto Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Nut Free Dairy Free Creamy Cold Brew Keto Coffee
- Keto Green Smoothie
- Keto Champagne Margaritas
- Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
Looking for more free recipes?
If you love Starbucks peppermint mocha you are going to love my keto bulletproof peppermint mocha! This delicious drink takes only 10 minutes to make and is perfect for anyone following a low-carb, nut-free, and coconut-free diet.
- To a small pot over medium heat, simmer heavy cream until bubbling.
- To a blender, add all remaining ingredients and pulse until well-combined. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: Each serving of this recipe contains 4.8 grams of net carbs.
Storage: This is a recipe that is best enjoyed hot and fresh; however, if you’d like to prepare a few batches in advance, store the blended drink in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator and drink within 3 days. To re-heat, pour prepared drink into a small pot and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, whisking regularly.
Keywords: bulletproof peppermint mocha recipe, keto starbucks peppermint mocha recipe, how to make starbucks peppermint mocha
Photo credit: Jess Larson