The idea that low-carb bread is actually possible to make AND tastes good is a dream come true! Unlike traditional bread recipes, this Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread is full of wholesome ingredients and is perfect for those who follow a ketogenic and paleo lifestyle.
After a lot of tinkering around with baking keto-friendly bread, I have landed on this delicious and tart dessert bread recipe that you will absolutely love!
Made with lemon zest, fresh blueberries, and sweetened with monk fruit sweetener, we love to enjoy a slice mid-morning with some grass-fed butter on top and a cold brew coffee on the side. YUM! It’s absolutely delicious and keeps us full and focused for hours!
This bread is safe for those who need to limit or altogether eliminate their dairy intake. To provide the bread extra moisture, I used my favorite dairy-free mayonnaise.
As a note, if you personally consume dairy, the mayonnaise in the recipe can be substituted for sour cream.
Monk Fruit Sweetener
To sweeten the bread, I used Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. This sweetener is used in virtually all of my keto dessert recipes as it is a net-carb-free, zero calorie, and natural sweetener that looks and tastes just like traditional sugar. Monk fruit sweetener will not raise your blood sugar nor will it kick you out of ketosis! If you want to try monk fruit sweetener or need to replenish your pantry, you can use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your total order!
Keto- and Paleo-Friendly Bread Recipe
This bread is made with low-carb and dairy-free ingredients making it a perfect option for those who follow a ketogenic paleo diet lifestyle.
- Low-Carb and Keto: One bread slice contains only 4.9 grams of net carbs per serving, rather than upwards of 40 to 50 grams of carbs per slice in traditional Lemon Blueberry Bread recipes.
- Dairy-Free: This bread does not contain any dairy.
- Paleo: The ingredients in this bread are free from grains, gluten, soy, and dairy.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: This Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread is made with almond flour and coconut flour rather than regular baking flour.
- Vegetarian: This recipe is compliant with a vegetarian diet.
One bread slice contains 4.9 grams net carbs per serving.
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread is low-carb, keto, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
More Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly Recipes
You can find more Real Balanced low-carb recipes here!Print
This Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread is a flavorful and tart keto-friendly dessert! This recipe is low-carb, keto, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 4.9g net carbs per serving!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg whites (approximately 1/3 cup egg whites)
- 3 tbsp dairy-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup blueberries, divided (approximately 150 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9×5 inch bread pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- To mixing bowl, add eggs, egg whites, mayonnaise, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix with electric mixer until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup blueberries.
- Transfer dough to prepared bread pan.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes, remove from oven, top dough with remaining blueberries, and return pan to oven.
- Bake bread for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove bread from pan, slice, and enjoy!