These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a sweet, tart, and low-carb dessert that everyone will love!
Keto Breakfast Baked Good
I’ve recently done a lot of recipe testing for low-carb desserts that feature lemon. I just love the flavor combination of a baked good with the tartness of citrus, all wrapped into one delicious bite!
Of course, a Lemon Poppy Seed recipe was necessary! The result? These muffins that are soft, sweet, and simple to make!
We prepped a double batch over the weekend, stored them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and enjoyed one every morning with a cup of cold brew coffee on the side. Basically, my personal version of low-carb breakfast HEAVEN!
Like my Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins, this muffin recipe is also nut-free!
Instead of baking with almond flour like I do in many of my keto and low-carb baked good recipes, this recipe uses coconut flour, making it a perfect option for those who follow a ketogenic diet and also have a nut allergy or intolerance.
Monk Fruit Sweetener
This recipe, like a majority of my keto baked good recipes, features Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener, my favorite natural sweetener! Monk fruit sweetener contains zero calories, is net-carb-free, won’t spike your blood sugar (very diabetic friendly!), and tastes exactly like traditional sugar. If you are looking for a sweetener that tastes like sugar and is low-carb, keto, and paleo-compliant, I highly recommend trying Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener! You can use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off your total order!
Want to learn more about monk fruit sweetener? Check out this post here!
LAKANTO TASTE TEST BUNDLE
I am also excited to share that I have partnered with Lakanto to share a Taste Test Bundle with you all! If you’ve been waiting to try monk fruit sweetener, now is the time to order! This deal includes classic monk fruit sweetener, golden monk fruit sweetener, a recipe e-Book, and Lakanto’s Taste Test Guarantee!
Diet-Friendly and Nut Allergy-Friendly
This recipe is a perfect dessert option to have on-hand, especially when you are baking for someone who follows a low-carb, nut-free diet!
- Keto and Low-Carb: One muffin contains only 1.9 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Nut-Free: This recipe uses coconut flour rather than almond flour, making these muffins entirely nut-free.
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free: This recipe is both grain-free and gluten-free as it does not contain any wheat products.
- Vegetarian: These muffins are vegetarian-friendly.
- Refined-Sugar-Free: These muffins are sweetened with monk fruit sweetener.
One muffin contains 1.9 grams of net carbs per serving. You can enjoy one or two and still remain in ketosis!
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
More Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly Dessert Recipes
You can find more Real Balanced dessert recipes here!Print
These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a deliciously tart, low-carb dessert option that everyone will love! This recipe is keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 1.9 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with 12 muffin liners.
- To a mixing bowl, add eggs, monk fruit sweetener, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter.
- To mixing bowl, add melted butter, coconut flour, and poppy seeds. Mix with electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Spoon dough into individual muffin liners.
- Bake until muffin tops are slightly golden, about 23-25 minutes.
Keywords: keto dessert, keto muffins, nut-free keto dessert, nut-free dessert, low-carb dessert