Here’s a fairy tale scenario for you: combine all of the most delicious, clean ingredients you can think of in a casserole pan, bake it, and everyone lives happily ever after, the end. Well, you’re in luck. Your fairy tale is now reality. Enter: this casserole. Spaghetti squash, buffalo sauce, chicken breast, carrots, onions, garlic. INTO IT.
The Perfect Make-Ahead Meal
This casserole is a perfect “make ahead” meal that can be taken to work for lunch or eaten throughout the week for dinner. Ryan and I love to pre-make it on Sunday and eat it for dinner during the week with a dollop of Primal Kitchen Mayo on top. So tasty!
As a note, feel free to play around with the proportions of spaghetti squash, chicken, and buffalo sauce. The recipe below is my personal preference, but the primary ingredients can be altered a bit and the result will still be a yummy casserole! If you like spicy food or are a big fan of buffalo sauce, I’d suggest increasing the buffalo sauce to 1 cup.
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is Whole30 compliant, paleo, keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and macro friendly!Print
This Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a delicious and satiating weeknight meal option that the whole family is sure to love! This recipe is Whole30-compliant, paleo, keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and macro friendly!
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
1 large spaghetti squash, baked, shredded
1 3/4 lb chicken breast, baked, shredded
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
5 tbsp egg whites
3 tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayo
1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray casserole pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium pan, sauté onions and carrots until translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a large bowl and with a clean dishrag, squeeze moisture out of spaghetti squash.
- Add onions, carrots, and all other remaining ingredients to bowl of spaghetti squash. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into casserole pan, bake for 35 minutes, and enjoy!
Keywords: casserole, paleo casserole, whole30 casserole, dairy-free keto, dairy-free keto casserole, paleo keto casserole