This Warm Bacon and Egg Salad is the most delicious keto dinner recipe! This salad is low-carb, keto, dairy-free, paleo, Whole30-compliant, nut-free, coconut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and contains only 1.9 grams of net carbs per serving!
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, add eggs and fill pot with water until just submerging eggs. Bring water to a rolling boil, decrease heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, immediately transfer eggs to ice bath.
- While eggs chill in ice bath, fry bacon in large pan until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease. Crumble bacon using hands or pulse in food processor. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon grease.
- Transfer reserved bacon fat to small saucepan and add apple cider vinegar, dijon, salt, and pepper. Over low heat, bring mixture to a simmer and whisk together until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a small pan, add avocado oil and sunflower seeds and heat over medium-low heat until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Once eggs have sat in ice bath for 10-15 minutes, peel eggs and slice lengthwise.
- To a large mixing bowl, add hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, toasted sunflower seeds, romaine, chopped green onions, and warm bacon dressing and toss using spoons or tongs. Divide salad between 4 bowls and serve.
Keywords: keto salad, bacon and egg salad, breakfast salad, bacon salad, whole30 salad