This Low-Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole is the ultimate keto dinner recipe! This pizza casserole is low-carb, keto, nut-free, coconut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and contains only 5.9 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 4 cups (~16 oz) shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 7 oz Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp ground thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat 9 x 13 casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse zucchini in food processor until finely shredded. Transfer zucchini to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add shredded zucchini, 1 cup mozzarella, and 3/4 cup cheddar, parmesan, and eggs and mix with spoon or electric mixer. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole pan and press into even layer. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in pan over medium heat. Drain excess grease, pour in tomato sauce, add spices, and stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated. After base layer is finished baking, pour beef and tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and cheddar on top and then add pepperonis. Return casserole pan to oven and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting and serving.
To store, cut casserole into pieces and transfer to airtight container and refrigerate. Casserole should be consumed within 3 days of baking.