Do you need an easy keto breakfast recipe? If you are looking for a delicious keto breakfast recipe then you have to try my low carb sausage breakfast casserole. This keto breakfast casserole is keto, low carb and nut free.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (112g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (56g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (120mL) heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 450 and coat 9×9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a large pan over medium-high heat, add sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and discard of grease. Transfer browned sausage to prepared baking dish and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add eggs, shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, heavy cream, salt, pepper and, using an electric mixer, mix until well-combined. Pour atop browned sausage in baking dish.
- Transfer baking dish to middle oven rack and bake until edges of casserole are golden brown and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and allow casserole to cool slightly before cutting and serving with sprinkle of chopped fresh chives.
Storage: Store casserole in airtight container in refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
Keywords: breakfast casserole recipes, healthy breakfast casserole, sausage breakfast casserole, egg and sausage casserole, low carb recipes, keto sausage casserole