These Low-Carb Almond Joy Bars are a perfect dessert to satisfy your craving for something chocolatey and sweet! This recipe is low-carb, keto, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 3.7 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 100g cocoa butter
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup classic monk fruit sweetener
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until well-combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and, using fingers, press crust into even layer.
- Bake crust until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside to slightly cool.
For the coconut layer:
- Meanwhile, pulse coconut ingredients in food processor until well-combined.
- After crust has slightly cooled off, using fingers, press coconut mixture into even layer on to top of crust.
For the chocolate layer:
- To a small glass bowl, add cocoa butter, cocoa powder, heavy whipping cream, and classic monk fruit sweetener.
- Using double boiler method on stovetop over medium low heat, melt ingredients together until chocolate is smooth. Whisk mixture frequently to avoid burning.
- Pour chocolate mixture atop coconut layer and smooth into even layer using a spatula.
- Transfer pan to freezer to harden chocolate, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and cut bars into 16 equal pieces (*see note below).
For the almonds:
- In a small pan on stovetop over medium low heat, heat almonds until golden.
- Remove almonds from heat and, using a tongs, carefully place individual almonds on top of chocolate layer of bars, pressing down so the chocolate just melts and acts as a glue.
* I find that it is easiest to cut the bars if your knife is hot. I suggest running the knife under hot water, drying, and then cutting the bars. Store bars in airtight container in refrigerator.
Keywords: Low-Carb Almond Joy Bars, keto almond joy, healthy almond joy recipe