This Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad is a delicious keto-friendly, Whole30-compliant meal option! This recipe is keto, low-carb, Whole30-compliant, paleo, nut-free, coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place raw chicken breast atop parchment paper and transfer baking sheet to oven. Cook chicken breast until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15-18 minutes. Transfer chicken from oven to large plate or bowl and place in refrigerator to chill slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Cook bacon in oven until crispy, about 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of bacon. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel-lined plated to remove excess grease. Set aside.
- Turn on oven broiler and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place jalapeños atop parchment paper, transfer baking sheet to oven directly below broiler, and broil until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Remove jalapeños from oven and allow to cool slightly before roughly chopping. De-seed jalapeños based on your spice preferences. Transfer chopped jalapeños to large mixing bowl.
- Remove cooked chicken from refrigerator and, using a sharp knife, cube cooked chicken breast. Crumble cooked bacon. Transfer chicken and bacon to mixing bowl of chopped jalapeños.
- To same mixing bowl, add all remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined. Cover bowl with lid or foil and transfer to refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
Chicken Substitution: Turkey can be subbed in for chicken in this recipe. Be sure to monitor the turkey while cooking, as it may need more or less time to come to temperature (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
Storage: Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
Keywords: jalapeno chicken salad, low carb jalapeno popper chicken, keto jalapeno popper chicken salad, keto chicken salad