Craving something hearty and healthy for dinner, but don’t have an endless supply of time to spend preparing it? If so, this is the perfect dish for you! Loaded with veggies and protein sources, this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is the PERFECT dish for a nutrient-packed, easy-to-prepare dinner!
- 1 ¾ lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup liquid aminos
- ¼ cup classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 oz raw broccoli florets
- 1 ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Cutting against the grain, slice chuck roasts into thin strips.
- To a mixing bowl, add beef broth, liquid aminos, classic monk fruit sweetener, and ground ginger. Whisk together until well-incorporated. Add sliced beef strips and stir to coat beef in sauce. Set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to “Sauté” setting, add avocado oil, and, once hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beef and sauce to Instant Pot and screw on Instant Pot lid. Set Instant Pot to Manual setting for 15 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, steam broccoli in a covered steamer basket over medium-high heat until just barely tender, about 8-10 minutes. (Alternatively, to steam broccoli, in a large microwave-safe bowl, add broccoli florets and 1 cup of water. Microwave until broccoli is just barely tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain excess water from microwaved steamed broccoli.)
- Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off. Remove lid and, using a ladle, scoop out a ¾ cup of the sauce and transfer to a mixing bowl. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and whisk vigorously until sauce thickens. Pour the thickened sauce back into Instant Pot. Add steamed broccoli to beef to Instant Pot insert. Gently fold in the broccoli to the beef and sauce mixture. Serve hot on its own or with a side of cauliflower rice.
Keywords: instant pot, beef and broccoli, keto instant pot