These Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers are a delicious low-carb and keto-friendly party appetizer! This recipe is keto, low-carb, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and only 0.8g net carbs per serving!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with foil and baking rack. Lay bacon strips on a baking rack in even layer. Bake bacon in the oven until crispy, about 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon. (Alternatively, bacon can be cooked on the stovetop over medium heat and drained of excess grease on a paper towel-lined plate). Crumble bacon into small pieces. (Dispose of foil from the baking sheet or use a second baking sheet.) Decrease oven heat to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add ground chicken, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, egg, and spices. Using hands, mix together until thoroughly combined. Form mixture into equal-sized balls, about 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture per ball, place on the prepared baking sheet, and lightly press down to slightly flatten. Bake until golden brown and cooked throughout about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a mixing bowl, add all ranch ingredients and stir until well-combined. (*Add 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream for a thicker ranch and, for a thinner consistency, add 3 tbsp.) Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove peppers from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with toothpicks and ranch dressing drizzled atop poppers or on the side.
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch, low-carb chicken bacon ranch, keto chicken bacon ranch, keto appetizer, low-carb appetizer