These Keto Buffalo Deviled Eggs are perfect for keto, paleo, Whole30, and nut-free diets! This simple recipe requires just 10 minutes to prepare and are full of delicious buffalo flavor. If you are looking for an easy appetizer to bring to a family gathering, tailgate party, or Easter lunch, you will love this simple low carb recipe!
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp (105g) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Frank’s RedHot hot sauce
- 2 tsp (10g) dijon mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 3/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- To a saucepan, add eggs and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to the medium low, cover pot with lid, and boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, prepare an ice bath by cover 10-15 ice cubes with cold water.
- Remove pot of eggs from heat and carefully drain water from the pot and immediately transfer eggs to ice bath. Allow eggs to cool in ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, and spices until well-combined. Set aside.
- After eggs have cooled, peel shells away from eggs and slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks from whites and transfer yolks to bowl of mixed mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, and spices. Using an electric mixer, mix together ingredients until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer yolk mixture to piping bag and pipe into cooked egg whites. (Alternatively, if you do not have a piping bag, spoon dollop of mixture into cooked egg whites.) Top deviled eggs with desired garnishes and serve immediately.
Mayonnaise Substitution: You can substitute in sour cream for mayonnaise at a 1:1 ratio. Note, however, this substitution will yield this recipe as no longer being dairy-free, paleo-compliant, or Whole30-compliant. This substitution will also result in different nutrition values than those listed in the nutrition label.
Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce Substitution: You can substitute in a different brand of hot sauce, just be sure to review the ingredients. You can also choose to use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce, but note that this product contains ingredients that are not paleo- or Whole30-friendly.
Dijon Mustard Substitution: Substitute in traditional yellow mustard at a 1:1 ratio or you can altogether omit this ingredient.
Optional Garnishes: To add some extra flavor to your deviled eggs, consider garnishing with any of the following: paprika, thinly sliced green onion, hot sauce drizzle, finely chopped celery, carrot slivers, finely chopped cherry tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, bacon crumbles, and/or finely shredded cheddar cheese.
Net Carbs: One deviled egg contains 0.9 grams of net carbs. One deviled egg is one serving.
Storage: Stored prepared deviled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eaten within 2-3 days.
Keywords: keto buffalo deviled eggs recipe, low carb buffalo deviled eggs recipe, keto deviled eggs