Do you love cheesecake but following a ketogenic diet and have a nut allergy? Have you been searching for keto nut free recipes? This is the perfect keto nut free cheesecake recipe for you!
- 1 cup (144g) sesame seeds
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (2 oz) unsalted melted butter
- 3 tbsp (36g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Crust: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Liberally coat bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap bottom and sides of outside of pan with aluminum foil (this will ensure liquid from the water bath does not seep into the cheesecake when baking). Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse sesame seeds and shredded coconut until ground. Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and add melted butter, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, and salt and mix with a fork until well-incorporated. Spoon crust mixture into prepared springform pan and transfer pan to the oven to bake until the edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. After baking, remove pan from oven and allow to cool while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- Cheesecake Layer: In a food processor, pulse monk fruit sweetener until powdered. Transfer powdered monk fruit sweetener to mixing bowl and add cream cheese and sour cream and, using an electric mixer at medium-low speed, mix ingredients together until creamy and all cream cheese lumps are gone (a few small lumps are fine, but we just want to be sure all of the large lumps are mixed). Using a rubber spatula, scrape sides and bottom of bowl to unsecure any cream cheese that has stuck to the bowl. Mix again. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix again.
- One at a time, add eggs and egg yolk and mix on medium-low speed until each egg is just barely mixed in. It’s important to not over mix the eggs, otherwise the cheesecake surface may crack while baking.
- Place foil-lined springform pan in center of large baking sheet. Pour enough water into baking sheet to fill ~1 inch of water.
- Final Steps: Pour cream cheese mixture atop crust in springform pan. Return pan set in water bath to oven and bake until the center is almost set, but still “jiggly,” about 1 hour, 10 minutes. Turn oven off and, using a wooden spoon, crack oven door open just slightly. Allow pan to sit in cooling oven for 1 hour.
- Remove baking sheet with water bath and pan from oven. Remove pan from water bath. Remove and discard foil from outside of pan. Slide a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, to separate the edge of the cake from the pan. Transfer pan to refrigerator to chill uncovered for 4 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting and serving.
Sesame Seed and Shredded Coconut Mixture: I find that it’s best to pulse these in a single-serving blender attachment. After pulsing, the mixture may thicken and turn almost into a paste, which is completely fine, but do not continue pulsing it. At that point, the mixture is blended enough.
Water Bath: Using a water bath will help to ensure that, while baking, the cheesecake will evenly cook. If some water seeps into springform pan while baking, don’t worry! After chilling, it is unlikely a small amount of water will result in a soggy cheesecake.
Drastic Temperature Change Will Likely Lead to Cheesecake Cracking: To avoid this, after baking, allow the pan to sit in the oven with the oven door cracked for 1 hour after baking. This is to allow the cake to slowly cool, rather than moving straight from a hot oven to a cold refrigerator, which will lead to the surface of the cheesecake cracking.
Optional Low-Carb Cheesecake Topping: Serve your cheesecake with a drizzle of raspberry reduction. Simply cook fresh raspberries with 1-2 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp classic monk fruit sweetener on the stovetop over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, mashing the raspberries as they simmer.
Storage: Store cheesecake in the refrigerator in an airtight container with paper towel gently set on top. The paper towel will lessen any condensation build-up in the container, which could potentially lead to the cheesecake getting soggy.
Keywords: keto cheesecake recipe, keto cheesecake bites, easy keto cheesecake, nut free keto cheesecake, keto nut free cheesecake, nut free cheesecake