Are you looking for a delicious low carb keto tuna cakes recipe? If that is you then these keto tuna cakes with pork rinds are going to be the perfect recipe for your low carb diet!
- 10 oz canned Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna, drained, finely shredded
- 4 oz pork rinds, finely crushed
- 1 cup (112g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (14g) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup (56g) avocado oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (84g) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5g) minced garlic
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Tuna Cakes: To a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together tuna, pork rinds, shredded mozzarella, eggs, mayonnaise, and spices until thoroughly combined. Cover mixing bowl with lid or plastic wrap and transfer bowl to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Remove mixing bowl from the refrigerator, add water, and, using hands, mix mixture to allow water to soak up. Using hands, form tuna mixture into a ball and, pressing down gently, flatten each ball into 1-inch-thick cakes.
- To a stainless steel pan over medium-low heat, add 1-2 tbsp avocado oil. To the pan of hot oil, place 2 tuna cakes in even layer and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes per side. Transfer cooked cakes to paper towel-lined plate to de-grease. Continue the process until all cakes are cooked.
- Citrus Aioli: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Final Steps: Serve tuna cakes with aioli on the side or drizzled on top. Add optional garnishes as desired.
Tuna Mixture: If tuna mixture begins to fall apart when forming into cakes, add another 1-2 tbsp of water to mixture.
Cooking: If using a nonstick aluminum pan, note that cook time will increase to about 8-10 minutes per side.
Flipping: Be sure to allow tuna cakes to cook on the first side long enough that, when flipping, the cakes do not fall apart.
Keywords: keto tuna cakes with pork rinds, keto tuna fish cakes, best keto tuna cakes, low carb keto, tuna cakes, keto tuna cakes recipe, easy keto tuna cakes, keto friendly tuna cakes, canned tuna cakes keto, keto diet tuna cakes