This nut-free, gluten-free, keto Philly cheesesteak casserole is ready in just under an hour! It is low in carbs and absolutely delicious!
- 1 ½ lbs sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp (14g) unsalted butter
- 2 tsp (10g) minced garlic
- 120g chopped green bell peppers
- 8 oz white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 25g thinly chopped yellow onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (112g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 oz provolone cheese slices
- Cutting against the grain, slice steak into thin strips then cut slices into ½” pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray 9×13″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sliced steak and cooked until browned. Transfer cooked steak to plate or bowl and set aside. Discard liquid from pan.
- To same pan over medium-high heat, add peppers, mushrooms, and onions and cook until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add egg, shredded mozzarella, cream cheese, pepper, and salt and, using an electric mixer, mix until well-combined. Stir in cooked steak and vegetables.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place provolone cheese slices in even layer atop mixture. Transfer dish to middle oven rack to bake until edges of casserole are golden brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes, before removing dish from oven. Allow casserole to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
Beef Substitution: You can sub in a leaner protein, like chicken or turkey, at a 1:1 ratio. Brown the meat you have chosen in the pan exactly as directed and follow all remaining instructions. Note that if you change the type of protein, the resulting nutrition information will not match the recipe card (you will need to calculate the nutrition information on your own).
Keywords: low carb philly cheesesteak casserole, low carb philly cheesesteak, low carb philly cheesesteak recipe, keto philly cheesesteak casserole, philly cheesesteak casserole recipe