Keto rice krispie treats scotcheroos are a must-try for anyone who follows a low-carb diet and enjoys a sweet dessert! This easy recipe requires just 20 minutes of prep time and is gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, and refined sugar-free! These rice crispy bars are sweetened with monk fruit sweetener and taste just like the original scotcheroos recipe!
- ¾ cup (192g) SunButter
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsalted butter
- 240g pork rinds (~4 cups crushed pork rinds)
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (72g) golden monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Maple-Flavored Syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Base Layer: Line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to overhang edges slightly to allow for easy removal.
- Using a food processor, pulse pork rinds until finely ground. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine SunButter and butter until melted. Mix in crushed pork rinds, shredded coconut, and salt. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in monk fruit sweetener, syrup, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and, using hands, press into even layer. Transfer pan to refrigerator to chill for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Chocolate Topping: With about 15 minutes left of base layer chilling, in a food processor, pulse monk fruit sweetener until powdered. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Mix in cocoa powder, cocoa butter, SunButter, and vanilla extract. Remove saucepan from heat and, in small batches, stir in powdered monk fruit sweetener.
- Final Steps: Allow melted chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes before pouring chocolate atop base layer. Transfer pan to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Remove pan from refrigerator and pull at edges of parchment paper to remove bars from pan. Slice into bars.
Storage: Store scotcheroos in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 5 days.
Keywords: keto rice crispy treats, nut-free scotcheroos, keto rice krispie treats scotcheroos