This keto pot roast freezer meal recipe is at the top of my list of go-to meals! This freezer meal is easy to make, convenient, and complies with a variety of diets, including keto, low-carb, primal, paleo, and Whole30. It’s also gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and sugar-free!
Freeze Together In A Large Freezer Bag:
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 2 cups (480mL) beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10mL) liquid aminos or 1 tsp (5mL) fish sauce
- 1 ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ¼ tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
Freeze Together In Separate Storage Bags:
- 2 lbs radishes (weight is that of de-stemmed radishes), quartered
- 1 cup roughly chopped celery (~135g)
Add After Cooking (Do Not Include in Freezer Bag):
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
Prepare Freezer Bags: Add ingredients directly to freezer bag and separate storage bags (no mixing required!) and freeze until you’re ready to cook. Be sure to freeze the main ingredients in a large freezer bag and the vegetables in separate small storage bags.
To Cook: Determine the appliance you will use to cook this recipe and, once decided, follow the “Instant Pot Instructions” or “Slow Cooker Instructions” as written below.
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add frozen ingredients to your Instant Pot insert, set Instant Pot to “Manual” and set the timer for 110 minutes. After cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure. Once you can unscrew the lid of the Instant Pot, it’s fully depressurized. Add in radishes and celery, screw lid back on, and set Instant Pot to “Manual” for additional 1 minute. After cooking, manually depressurize (“quick release”) Instant Pot by opening steaming valve before removing the lid. Move on to “Final Steps” as written below.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Thaw ingredients in the refrigerator (this may take upwards of 1 day). Add thawed ingredients from large freezer bag to your slow cooker, set to cook for 8 hours on low. Stir in radishes and celery to slow cooker with 2 hours remaining. Move on to “Final Steps” as written below.
Final Steps: Using tongs, transfer meat from Instant Pot to bowl. Using forks, shred meat before returning shredded meat back to Instant Pot. Serve pot roast in bowls and garnish with fresh thyme.
Freezer Storage: To ensure ingredients are fresh and remain flavorful, cooking the frozen ingredients within 2-3 months is recommended.
From Frozen In Instant Pot: If your mixture froze in a manner that makes it challenging to close the lid of your Instant Pot, simply place the frozen mixture into the Instant Pot insert and, using the “Sauté” function, sauté the frozen mixture until it thaws and fits into the insert and the lid can properly fit into place.
Serving Options: Simply serve in a bowl “as is,” or atop steamed riced cauliflower or broccoli.
Cooking Pot Roast Before Freezing: If you’d prefer to cook the pot roast before freezing, you will need to decrease cook time. For cooking in an Instant Pot, decrease cook time to 60 minutes.
Storage For Cooked Pot Roast: Store the cooked meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
Keywords: best keto pot roast recipe, keto pot roast instant pot, keto pot roast freezer meal, easy low carb pot roast recipe