These Keto Pickle Poppers are a perfect party or game day appetizer that can be made in under an hour. This recipe is low in carbs, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, and does not contain any added sweetener.
- 6 dill pickles (~210g)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp (49g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 12 small bacon slices (~275g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pickle Poppers: Slice large dill pickles in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds of each pickle half with small spoon or teaspoon measuring spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and spices. Spoon mixture into dill pickle halves, wrap each with bacon as tightly as possible to avoid mixture spilling out, and transfer each to prepared baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to oven to bake until bacon is just crispy, about 25-30 minutes, flipping each over after 15 minutes to ensure bacon crisps up on all sides.
- Ranch: While poppers bake, in a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients. Set aside.
- Final Steps: With pan of poppers still in oven, turn oven broiler on and broil until desired crispiness of bacon is reached, about 1-3 minutes, watching carefully to ensure poppers do not burn. Remove pan from oven, allow poppers to cool slightly, before serving with prepared ranch.
Dill Pickle Substitution: If you don’t have any pickles on-hand or if you’re just looking for some added spice, jalapeños can be used here at a 1:1 ratio. You will need to de-seed them based on your spice preference. Note that baking time will likely be different than the original recipe is written, so be sure to watch them carefully to avoid burning.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese Substitution: Shredded mozzarella, Colby-Jack, or Monterey Jack will work just fine in place of shredded cheddar.
Mayonnaise Substitution: Sour cream can be used in place of mayonnaise. Note that since the recipe already calls for sour cream, you will need to use the originally written amount of sour cream (1/4 cup) plus an additional 1/2 cup to substitute for the mayonnaise.
Sour Cream Substitution: Mayonnaise can be used in place of sour cream. Since the recipe already calls for mayonnaise though, you will need to use the originally written amount of mayonnaise (1/2 cup) plus an additional 1/4 cup to substitute for the sour cream.
Apple Cider Vinegar Substitution: White wine vinegar or lemon juice can be substituted in here at a 1:1 ratio.
Net Carbs: Each serving contains 4.8 grams of net carbs. 3 poppers is equivalent to 1 serving and the recipe yields 4 servings (12 pickle poppers total).
Storage: Store these pickle poppers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: keto pickle poppers, low-carb pickle poppers, pickle poppers recipe