This Keto Key Lime Pie is a delicious and low-carb dessert recipe that is full of flavor! Made without almond flour, this tasty pie recipe is a great option for those who follow a ketogenic diet and cannot eat almonds!
- 1 cup (144g) sesame seeds
- ¾ cup (60g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (2 oz) melted butter
- 3 tbsp (36g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 ½ large avocados, peeled and pitted (~215g)
- 6 oz (¾ cup) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60mL) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup-⅓ cup (48g-64g) powdered monk fruit sweetener, depending on sweetness and tartness preference
- 1 tbsp (0.5 oz) butter, melted
- Zest from 1 key lime (~1 tsp)
- Juice from 2 key limes (~50 mL)
- 1/16 tsp salt
- ½ cup (120mL) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (24g) powdered monk fruit sweetener
- Fresh key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Liberally coat bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crust: In a food processor, pulse sesame seeds and shredded coconut until ground. Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and add melted butter, monk fruit sweetener, and salt. Using a spoon, mix all ingredients until well-combined.
- Spoon crust mixture into a prepared springform pan and, using your fingers, press mixture into even layer across base and up sides of pan to form crust. Transfer pan to oven to bake until edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, before removing pan from oven and allowing to cool.
- Filling: Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, blend all filling ingredients together using an electric mixer or high-speed blender. Taste mixture and add additional powdered monk fruit sweetener based on sweetness and tartness preference.
- Spoon filling atop cooled baked crust. Transfer pan to freezer to freeze until set, about 1-2 hours, depending on temperature of freezer.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together heavy cream and powdered monk fruit sweetener until whipped. Transfer prepared whipped cream to refrigerator to chill until pie is ready to serve.
- Final Steps: Once set, remove pie from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature to soften slightly before topping individual pieces with prepared whipped cream and fresh lime zest.
Butter Substitution: Coconut oil can be substituted in for butter in both the crust and filling at a 1:1 ratio.
Cream Cheese Substitution: Mascarpone cheese can be substituted in for cream cheese. Instead of 3/4 cup of cream cheese, I would use 1/2 cup mascarpone. Note that this substitution will alter the final nutrition information.
Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener Substitution: If you don’t have powdered monk fruit sweetener on-hand, simply pulse granulated monk fruit sweetener in a high-speed blender or food processor until powdered.
Where Monk Fruit Sweetener Can Be Purchased: Monk fruit sweetener is now widely available at most grocery stores, especially specialty food stores and Costco. I personally purchase mine online from Lakanto and have it directly shipped to me. If you want to order your monk fruit sweetener online, you can use discount code REALBALANCED for 20% OFF your order!
Key Lime Zest and Key Lime Juice Substitutions: The zest and juice from regular limes will work just fine here!
Net Carbs: Each slice contains 3.6 grams of net carbs.
Refrigerator Storage: Store pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer Storage: Store pie in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. I would not recommend adding whipped cream topping to the pie if you decide to freeze it. Thaw pie completely in the refrigerator prior to serving.
Keywords: keto key lime pie recipe, keto friendly key lime pie, best keto key lime pie