These Keto Garlic Bread Rounds are the perfect side dish to your favorite keto main dish or addition to your low-carb soup and salad night! Made with minimal ingredients, this recipe yields delicious bread rolls that are keto-friendly, gluten-free, nut-free as they’re made without almond flour, coconut-free, and can be made in just 35 minutes.
Garlic Bread Rounds:
- 1 ½ cups (168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup (37g) ground sunflower seed meal
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
Parsley Garlic Butter:
- 1 tbsp (0.5 oz) butter
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Garlic Bread Rounds: To a microwave-safe bowl, add shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Transfer bowl to microwave and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and mix with a rubber spatula. Return bowl to microwave and microwave for additional 30 seconds before mixing again.
- Whisk together dry ingredients then add them to the bowl of melted mozzarella and cream cheese. Using a fork or your hands, mix until well-combined. Add egg and, using a fork or your hands, mix again until a dough is formed.
- Wetting your hands with water often to avoid dough sticking, form dough into 6 equal-sized balls. Place each atop the prepared baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until bread is golden brown on top, about 12-15 minutes.
- Parsley Garlic Butter: While bread bakes, prepare garlic butter. In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add garlic and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir in chopped parsley.
- Final Steps: Brush butter atop baked garlic bread and serve.
Ground Sunflower Seed Meal Substitution: You can make your own ground sunflower seed meal by pulsing raw sunflower seeds in a blender or food processor until they turn into a flour; just be sure to not over-blend them, otherwise they will turn into sunflower seed butter (similar to peanut butter). If you can eat nuts, almond flour should work fine here at a 1:1 ratio substitution.
Gluten-Free Baking Powder Substitution: You can replace the gluten-free baking powder in this recipe by making your own at home using baking soda and cream of tartar. For the 2 tsp of baking powder this recipe calls for, you will need to use 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp cream of tartar. Cream of tartar can typically be found at your grocery store with the spices. This substitution will make your recipe grain-free.
To Make Dough Balls Rounder: Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before transferring to your baking sheet. Note that the recipe does not call for this instruction as it is not necessary, but if you want to have dough balls that are quite rounded, this suggestion will help.
Net Carbs: Per serving, each garlic bread round contains 4.7 grams of net carbs. If you want to lessen the carb content per serving, you can exclude the Garlic Parsley Butter, which will yield 3.3 grams of net carbs per serving. One bread round is equivalent to one serving.
Refrigerator Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Note that the texture after storing may change slightly, but they will still taste delicious!
Reheating Instructions: Reheat in the oven at 400 degrees until warmed throughout, about 8-10 minutes, depending on how chilled they were from the refrigerator.
Keywords: keto garlic bread, keto garlic rolls, keto garlic butter dough balls