Have you been looking for nut free keto bread recipes? Do you love cheesy breadsticks? Then you will love my nut free keto cheesy breadsticks recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (140g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (37g) grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (35g) coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups (224g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (30g) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Breadsticks: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together eggs, shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan, butter, and cream cheese until well-combined. Add coconut flour, Italian seasoning, cream of tartar, garlic powder, baking soda, and salt and mix again. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Topping: In a separate mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients until thoroughly incorporated. Sprinkle topping mixture atop breadstick dough in baking pan.
- Final Steps: Transfer baking pan to middle oven rack and bake for 40 minutes. Then, turn oven broiler on and broil until topping is brown and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow breadsticks to cool before cutting into 10 pieces.
Egg Substitution: To make this recipe egg-free, a flax egg can be used. To make a flax egg, whisk together 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water and allow to set for 5 minutes.
Dairy Substitution: This recipe requires the use of dairy products, so there are no viable dairy-free substitution suggestions that I can offer.
Coconut Flour Substitution: If you have a coconut allergy or simply prefer to use almond flour in your recipes, you can try and make that swap, but note that I have not (and cannot) test it for you! Please also note that coconut flour and almond flour work very differently. Their absorbency rates are very different, with coconut flour being particularly absorbent. Substitute at your own risk!
Spice Substitutions: Feel free to play around with the spices in this recipe! Add a touch more garlic or lessen (or altogether eliminate) the garlic, if you’d like! To be sure you get that delicious breadstick flavor, though, I would suggest keeping the Italian seasoning, but it isn’t necessary and can be removed, if that’s your preference!
Keywords: cheesy breadsticks, cheese breadsticks, cheesy breadsticks recipe, homemade cheesy breadsticks, breadsticks with cheese, keto cheesy breadsticks