If you are looking for a hearty, filling meal that is full of nutritious ingredients and will warm you right up, this Instant Pot Beef Stew is an awesome idea that you should try out ASAP!
- 2 tbsp butter (or ghee or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1 ½ lbs beef stew meat
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 150g de-stemmed raw green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 oz mini portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- ½ cup pinot noir wine
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting, add butter, and, once hot and melted, add beef, thyme, red pepper flakes, pepper, and salt, and cook until meat is browned on each side, about 5-7 minutes. Add minced garlic and heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up browned bits of beef and stir.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add green beans, mushrooms, beef broth, pinot noir, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, and bay leaves. Screw on Instant Pot lid and set to Manual setting for 15 minutes. Manually release steam once Instant Pot timer has gone off. Remove lid and dispose of bay leaves. In ¼ tsp increments, add xanthan gum and stir vigorously.
- Serve stew in bowls, garnish with chives and parsley, and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot beef stew, beef stew, keto beef stew, instant pot keto recipe, instant pot recipe