These Vegan Keto Bread Rolls are the most delicious, low-carb, and allergy-friendly way to enjoy bread! They can be topped with your favorite spread or cut in half and used as a bun! This recipe is keto, low-carb, paleo, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, vegan, refined-sugar-free, and has only 3.3g net carbs per roll!
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp water
Bread Roll Dough
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the flax egg, to a small bowl, add flax seeds and water and whisk together. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- To dry ingredients, add flax egg and mix with electric mixer until well-combined.
- In a small pot, bring water to boil.
- With the electric mixer turned on, slowly pour boiling water over dough mixture. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Form dough into 6 equal rolls (*see note below).
- (Optional) To a shallow dish, add a small amount of water. To another shallow dish, add sesame seeds. Dip rolls one-by-one in water then sesame seeds to coat the top.
- Place rolls on prepared baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool before serving.
* I weighed my dough using a food scale. Each roll prior to baking weighed approximately 130-135 grams.
Store rolls in airtight container on countertop or refrigerator.
Keywords: vegan keto bread, keto bread, dairy-free keto bread, low-carb vegan bread, keto bread, paleo bread