These Low-Carb Glazed Orange Scones are a tart and citrusy baked good that pairs perfectly with your morning coffee! This recipe is low-carb, keto, nut-free, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 3.1 grams of net carbs per serving!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp classic monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 tbsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup classic monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2–3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature or slightly warmed
- Zest of small orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- To mixing bowl, add beaten eggs, coconut oil, orange extract, and vanilla extract. Mix with electric mixer until wet and dry ingredients are well-combined.
- On top of prepared baking sheet, form dough into 1 1/2 inch thick circle and cut into 8 wedges. Do not disperse wedges (leave them in a circle to bake).
- Bake scones for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove scones from oven, slice knife through wedges again as the dough may have slightly baked together, and allow to cool.
- While scones cool, for the glaze, pulse monk fruit sweetener in blender or food processor until powdered.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave and, once melted, add to powdered monk fruit sweetener.
- Pour in 2 tbsp coconut milk and pulse in blender until well-combined and a glaze forms. If glaze mixture is too dense, add additional tbsp of coconut milk.
- Transfer glaze from blender to shallow dish or plate. Carefully dunk top of scones in glaze and set on cooling rack to harden.
- Garnish glazed scones with orange zest and enjoy!
Keywords: scone, orange scone, low-carb scone, nut-free scone